Spam on your Cell

Krosigrim

Since that Telecommunication bullshit happened, I have notticed an increase in spam. I just got some kinda URL via text... which I dare not type in. I also notice that people are starting to get more telemarketers calling them. Just yesterday, I had a voicemail with some guy trying to sell me a vacation package... which I thought was funny, as I just left a job doing the same thing... well not exactly... they called me. But anyway.

I am broke, so I have this pre paid Tracphone. It sucks, but gets the job done as far as job's calling me back and all. Well I already got call/text from telemarketers. I somehow feel that Tracphone sold my number to telemarketers, as I have worked in the telemarketing field, And I saw alot of shady business going down. Cold call sheets that my boss couldn't explain where they came from... I am no idiot. I knew they had to come from somewhere. We had cold calls, and build our database through that. Sheets of numbers can only mean 1 thing...

Since phone companies are notorious for cheating us... I.E. First two bills are what you expected... 40-70 dollars a month... then all of a sudden, your paying 100-120 a month... and you didnt do anything different. They give some mumbo jumbo about this and that... all BS and rhetoric. Hell it costs minutes to check your voicemail... what the hell is that... that isn't fair. I have the feeling that the provider, is selling the numbers... especially me and those who buy these horribly cheap ass phones. They, like everyone else, are out to make their dollar. It would not surprise me if they are selling contact sheets.

Damn assholes.

I wouldn't be surprised if tracfone is selling info, I mean they are selling you a cell phone for like 20 bucks. they gotta make their money somewhere.

Got an ad on my cell during class today, but they were nice enough to give me a number to text "STOP" to. Don't even know how they got my number in the first place...

Got an ad on my cell during class today, but they were nice enough to give me a number to text "STOP" to. Don't even know how they got my number in the first place...

Either cold calling, or they bought the number. There are other ways, but I'll bet it's one of those 2.

I've only ever received one ad on my cell, my father on the other hand, we're both on the same plan but he happens to get at least 4 different txts every day saying sh!t like "Call now and receive a 4 trip vacation to Hawaii!".

There is a trap for some of these, they call and leave a number to call STOP or whatever. When you call it, it automatically authorises the spam be charged to you (including all further calls they make).

So, not only do you get unwanted calls, but you're paying premium prices for them too !

Ok... all of a sudden I had 2 missed calls last night. They showed up like... HOURS and HOURS after they said they occurred. anyway... I ran a search on the numbers online to see what I found. Two-six-two-three-three-four-one-seven-eight-two... I spell it out, because It had like 100000 hits. Forums and the like, saying something about people trying to collect money or what not. So I saved it as DO NOT ANSWER. So when I get that call... I dont forget. As I am awating a call from Anyjob...

I also ran a search on the other #, and it came up as a cash advance store... WTF

Edited by Belthasar