Xbox 360 to be Lowest-Priced Next-Gen Video Game Console

Alpha

Aside from PC gamers, who would BUY a Wired 360 controller when the charge and play kit does the same thing and is cheaper??

Cheap people who want more controllers regardless. Which there are an abundence of. If you already own a wireless controller, grab the kit, if you want another controller, grab the wired controller unless you wanna burn some cash on a Wireless and a kit. Or just outright buy the wireless controller and supply your own rechargables (Best idea here, works for me, LSD and millions of other users. Even the ones who still own walkmans.)

39.99 + 17.99 Wireless Controller + Kit vs 29.99 Wired Controller. Guess which one is cheaper?

Last i checked, that controller is discontinued, and even when it wasnt, it was 40 bucks. I got mine on ebay for 20 shipped but once again, not everyone can buy from ebay, i had to get a friend to buy it for me.

Also, what happens when those batteries run out? You cant play while its charging and lets say you forgot to charge the second set of batteries, you cant play. The charge and play kit is very much worth that money if you ask me.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a great deal either way. The price now is very competitive against the Wii so let see what Nintendo has to respond to this, something tells me Nintendo doesn't care but it would be nice to see a price drop the sooner the better.

Nintendo wont have to do jack! MS is just trying to pick up the super cheap leftovers. Its still a witch hunt to get a wii, (at least over here in FL) and and normal gaming stores are packed with 360's.

Im not sure if MS is trying to reach a certain quota and this is thier last resort or they just thought this will be a nice "ear-candy" for those who want the super-cool 360 for a much cheaper price.

All-in-all.... Nintendo coulda read this announcement in a newspaper and then threw it out after breakfast without a second thought about MS.

And u think Nin will go cheaper than 250!?!?!?!??! Come on....

you think they cant? I Think 250 is already expensive for that Peice of crap system, but even i'd buy it if it dropped down in price so i can play Brawl, Mario kart and my Gamecube classics.

Last i checked, that controller is discontinued, and even when it wasnt, it was 40 bucks. I got mine on ebay for 20 shipped but once again, not everyone can buy from ebay, i had to get a friend to buy it for me.

Also, what happens when those batteries run out? You cant play while its charging and lets say you forgot to charge the second set of batteries, you cant play. The charge and play kit is very much worth that money if you ask me.

Nigga please. Since when do gamers buy just ONE pair of rechargables, regular joes don't just BUY a set half the time, they buy them in 8s, 10s, 12s, 16s/bulk. They still sell wired controllers (and just plain wireless controllers that come with a pack of batteries) around my neck of the woods, unless your talking about something else. In the long run, wired wins out because you don't have to keep on recharging and replacing because even rechargables have limits before they just blank out. The batteries were using are consumer-end material, not any of the high-grade material.

I know Wired is better, but im a gamer, and my batteries have run out and im FORCED to use my wired 360 controller. If it werent for the fact that im an avid GoW for PC gamer, i wouldnt even have this controller so i lucked out.

Also, a set of Rechargeable batteries is expensive anywayz and they usually only come with four batteries and the charger for like $30+

A 16 pack of rechargeable batteries can buy you a new GAME!

Another standpoint as to the 360 costing way more in the long run.

I know Wired is better, but im a gamer, and my batteries have run out and im FORCED to use my wired 360 controller. If it werent for the fact that im an avid GoW for PC gamer, i wouldnt even have this controller so i lucked out.

Also, a set of Rechargeable batteries is expensive anywayz and they usually only come with four batteries and the charger for like $30+

A 16 pack of rechargeable batteries can buy you a new GAME!

Another standpoint as to the 360 costing way more in the long run.

It costs more in the long run because there are more features to spend it on as well as games.

Also a wireless controller + battery pack on amazon costs about the same (1 digit difference) as a Dual Shock 3 on amazon.