google releasing its own browser

Inky

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/

supposedly releasing in 100 countries today. will you give it a try?

I hope that the other google apps like gmail, maps and office are tied in a natural way. I use google stuff all the time so I'll give this on a try.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just searched google chrome in google and the download link is up.

D/ling it now! Hopefully it doesn't suck!

The interface is awesome, extremely simple, but it feels too casual and simplistic. As if google said "I'm going to control everything about the browser you just worry about having 'fun'".

Want the Chrome? Add a bookmark bar under the address bar in internet explorer, a tab bar, and a light blue Windows Bar, go into full screen mode, and you have google chrome!

Well in a "speed" way, I can run FireFox and Utorrent without a hassle, with Chrome it took me about 2 minutes to load up the 1Emu page, and youtube vid's pause for about 5 seconds before starting up.

Then again it is the Beta, and FireFox is V3.

Speed means page rendering speed, not really connection speed. Chrome is rendering crap WAY faster than Firefox 3 or IE.

Yeah my usual pages are loading/rendering much faster than even Opera.

Agreeing. This by far has rendered practially every website I go to at an alarming speed. Plus it's lightweight and good for whenever people link me to crap while I'm playing games.

You've gone incognito. Pages you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the incognito window. Any files you download or bookmarks you create will be preserved, however.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Be wary of:

Websites that collect or share information about you

Internet service providers or employers that track the pages you visit

Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys

Surveillance by secret agents

People standing behind you

I like what I see so far, I like a clean and simple looking browser though. it is hella fast. I'm kinda surprised my gmail isn't integrated into the homepage or anything.