++++ CoinOPS Second Quarter ++++

BritneysPAIRS

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I will keep saves in, but the current build I have removed screen rotation.... horizontal and vertical filtering method and scaling method. If this is to go back in it will be done better and more automatic. It can be changed in the ini if really needed to be.

I have added 480P support switching and a change backout key from back+start to being start+white

any objections now is the time

1.jpg

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

what about an option to automatically rotate vertical games? or is there a better way to do this?

well you spoke about doing a different combination of button presses to get back to the main menu in game.so why not just make it back+start to automatically rotate the vertical games its an option.seeing as everyone knows this button combination.

people wanted back+start to not exit the game due to it being pushed by accident and cant be mapped... it is not left/right thumbstick push in together to exit the game if you set the option. I would say if your rotating you have a totally diff build for horizontal / vertical... So this may be a better idea?

I could look at a Setting to be.....

"All Games" or "Horizontal games" or "Vertical games" or "Vertical games rotated 90 degress" or "Vertical games rotated 270 degrees"

would that best suit?

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

people wanted back+start to not exit the game due to it being pushed by accident and cant be mapped... it is not left/right thumbstick push in together to exit the game if you set the option. I would say if your rotating you have a totally diff build for horizontal / vertical...

I could add a

filter to horizontal games only / filter to vertical games and rotate 90 / Allow all games type of setting?

does that mean that if you are going to play any verical game that it will automatically rotate it 90degrees or by enabling this filter in options or whatever then the option is still there to do it manually?

it means it for Vertical Games rotated 90degrees

would be the same as selecting rotate 90 degress now (the whole interface for everything inc games would rotate 90degress) but it would remove all horizontal games from the games list

basically what is there now except if you rotate it 90 or 270 degress it would remove the horizontal games for you as they will look wrong

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

the need isnt big enough :( to clutter the interface

I can add it to romstatus.ini to automatically rotate (I could assign a color like orange to games that would rotate unless they are fav then its gold) like I have for no sound hot and classic then if you want you can manually set games to rotate 90 or 270 but you would have to make the list?

also is 90 and 270 needed or just one of them? and do you want just the games to rotate or the whole interface...games selector etc

Edited by BritneysPAIRS

the need isnt big enough :( to clutter the interface

I can add it to romstatus.ini to automatically rotate like I have for no sound hot and classic then if you want you can manually set games to rotate 90 or 270 but you would have to make the list?

also is 90 and 270 needed or just one of them?

ok i will make a list and post it.but obviously these will be my own preferences so really if people want to add their own then they will have to post,coz these are going to be my own choices.

i just use the 90 degree option myself.

question/i know you were asked before about osman/cannon dancer,it was added to mame 0.84.obviously we know that it dosent load would it be a case of adding the newest driver or would it need a core update to actually play the game,any ideas?