naomi emulated?

Inky

I've recently been seeing rom packs (or iso packs more likely) of naomi games floating around the darker side of the net. is it emulated? I remember rumblings before chankast tanked that it was going to have naomi support. but nothing ever came of it as far as I know.

I think it was to do with elsemi, the author of Nebula. He had decrypted some of the Naomi games, I think even a couple were playable, like those Sega soccer games. That was a few months ago I read that though, maybe things have moved on a lot since.

don't have the link here at work, but it is on blackcats.

I grabbed it so tomorrow I'll mess around with it, see what shakes out.

had some time to mess around and yes a few games do load up in Demul, but with problems, I couldn't get any to work in makaron. overall I took a ratio hit on worthless bad dumps.......

the games that do run actually go at a decent framerate for this stage of emulation. GGXX and CVS were going at about 45fps. but the sprites were all messed up. most of the dumps were missings files or had bad CRCs. MVC2 isn't in the pack I dled. :)

• 2 weeks later...

try nulldc naomi build i was getting 60 frames in cvs2 at 800x600 its not bad at all

so far the only naomi dump ive found is cvs2 and sfz3upper cvs2 worked sfz3 upper didnt something todo with the button mappings

Edited by mtsaint

From what I gather, some of those sets are not bad dumps, but already decrypted sets. NullDC Naomi ATM only runs Encrypted sets with the additional keys you grab to make a decrypted set. Thus you need both the original *.bin+LST+decryption file.

I think their gonna add the decrypted sets support in the next version.

Until Makaron comes out, we're all SOL.