The Red Alert 3 Thread

CnC-RA3-win-cover.jpg

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 was announced back in February for a release later this year. Currently a beta is underway, invites to which are contained in retail boxes of the Kane's Wrath PC version, and there is already some leaked footage available.

Just to get you up to speed it is using a modified C&C3 engine (itself a modified SAGE engine). The 3 factions available are the Allies, Soviets and The Empire, the last of which is fictitious Japanese dictatorship. Faction heroes include Tanya, returning for the Allies, Natasha, possibly related to the Soviet Boris from RA2 (Boris and Natasha, lol), and Yuriko Omega for the Japs, a psychic schoolgirl whose name and abilities are an obvious nod to Yuri, who will sadly not be returning.

Official Site: http://www.ea.com/redalert/index.jsp

Empire Vs. Allies Gameplay

Watch more Gaming Videos

Look ok. But I really love Generals as it was based on more realistic units. RA is great last time because it is quite realistic but since then, with yuri's mind control bla bla bla, i feel the series seems to be running out of steam.

Generals gameplay was @$$. I'm not too fond of C&C 3 either, it's the SAGE engine.......it doesn't feel right for C&C games, or they're just doing it wrong.

I REALLY don't like being forced to have groups of units either. I like positioning individual units sometimes.

Generals gameplay was @$$. I'm not too fond of C&C 3 either, it's the SAGE engine.......it doesn't feel right for C&C games, or they're just doing it wrong.

I REALLY don't like being forced to have groups of units either. I like positioning individual units sometimes.

Uhm yes, me too. RA3 is using Sage and has single units. I think The Empire has one troop of special guys wearing hats, but that's all.

As for the game, it's asskicking :thumbsup1:

th_51451_sshot0085_122_757lo.jpg

Edited by Wishdokta

No crazy Al Queda lookin Mob units in this game that'll destroy everything in their path cuz they've been upgraded with AK-47's and molotov cocktails. BOO!

No crazy Al Queda lookin Mob units in this game that'll destroy everything in their path cuz they've been upgraded with AK-47's and molotov cocktails. BOO!

The reason I love Generals so much. Multiplayer is fun with Generals.