Matrix: Revolutions *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Diso

Meh, Rather just to discuss this in the chit chat thread. we'll just discuss it here :)

Matrix Revolutions was a very nice movie in my case which I don't really understand how critics gave it a low score :/

My favorite part was espcially in the dome with the APUS :D

photo_rev_power_01.jpg

It was retarded that Trinity died again. Everyone was literally laughing in the threater. Especially the way she died and the way they made the scene. Really stupid!! It was also retarded how the ending was and how Neo didn't come back to his senses since he really didn't die. (that's what I think)

The movie sucked. Plain and simple. Great visuals but bad script. As I said previously, they should have stopped with "The Matrix". Im taking the blue pill on this one.

I disagree.

This movie was brilliant and the only weak link in it was the fact that keanu reeves can not act.

other than that it ended the 2neo story" of quite well, i love all the matrix films and i cant belive you all dont like them.

Sure the first one was kick ass to start to finnsih but what you dont get is that there is actually a storey in there to.

The watkhaski brotheres did a brilliant job for me, plus what really finnishes it all of for me is the fact that there is the "animatrix2 watch that and egt the full story.

I loved it :D

Thats exactly what did it, the story. The first movie was great (Im not looking at action at all, just story and acting). Reeves, in my opinion, was great in all the movies. There is only so much you can do with a script. If it say's "Trinity's Death Scene: 10 min Dialogue" then the actors have to do it. It seems like the movie was rushed, very rushed. I think I'll quote from several reviewer's just to get all my idea's accross about how bad this film really was to the trilogy.

The CGI is excellent, and the sheer size of the thing is mind-blowing. But I don’t see a “Matrix” film for giant CGI battles, and this one isn’t too far removed from the clone wars of “Star Wars Episode II”. For those craving relentless sci-fi action, “The Matrix Revolutions” satisfies. But why this empty-headed new action mentality after so much effort to broaden the canvas and explore the themes in “Reloaded”? Apparently the Wachowski’s wanted to talk philosophy for two hours, and now they just want to fill the screen with special effects. Call it the de-evolution of “The Matrix”.

The original had me thinking that the next two would remain true to the whole concept of there being some scientific basis to the story, a true Sci-Fi, not just supernatural powers in a fantasy. To explain how Neo can EMP the sentinels at the end of Reloaded they fall back on making up some magical ability rather than explain in any clever detail. Lets face it, he must have clairvoyant ability to see Trinity's future in the matrix.

I'd like to have seen more inside the matrix. A bit more of the ghost brothers, Merovingian, Persephone, vampires and werwolves. Although I understand that Zion was the main point of interest in the third movie, there was a lot left untold of what was inside the matrix. That's why we fell in love with the original.

More to come...

To me, Matrix Revolutions was just plain stupid. The movie just lead us no where and it didn't complete the story. We still don't know what happens to Neo, we don't know if Neo can bring Trinity back to life for the 2nd time. It was just a waste of time. Your sitting there watching Zion get demolished for 75% of the movie. I was also wondering when that scene of Neo and Trinity in the ship and they went all the way up in the sky and saw the real sun and clouds. Maybe there is another world or real world across the horizon? To me that was just really weird. Also it's kind of lame that there not gonna have another, but the actors can only do so much and I doubt if they made another, it would be any good. ;):)

my guess is with the whole sun and ship going up scene is that the planet they were on was Simliar to Earth. However, many cities of the humans died out due to the machines. The machines probably caused a lot of destruction and chaos causing a lot of smoke to go up in the air creating a layer of darkness (Like the greenhouse effect ?)

Thus, they went up and saw the sun which was blocked out by that layer

Thats my guess ;)

"We don't know who started the war, but we know it was the humans that scorched the sky."

Morpheus - Matrix 1

Humans knew that the machines needed solar energy to survive, so as a last ditch effort they...well....scorched the sky. Blocking out all sunlight. It's all explained in The Animatrix - The Second Renaissance Part 1 & 2.

my guess is with the whole sun and ship going up scene is that the planet they were on was Simliar to Earth.

It's Earth.

Edited by Gouken