My Wii wont read disks

Well done, you now have perfect conditions to turn your duff Wii into a emulator machine.

Might as well get some 2gig SD cards to load homebrew and roms from, until a usb hdd driver comes out.

Im sorry I can't offer a better alternative, but might as well make the best of a bad situation.

...oh wait this won't help if you havn't already installed the homebrew channel. You did install the homebrew channel right?

Well done, you now have perfect conditions to turn your duff Wii into a emulator machine.

Might as well get some 2gig SD cards to load homebrew and roms from, until a usb hdd driver comes out.

Im sorry I can't offer a better alternative, but might as well make the best of a bad situation.

...oh wait this won't help if you havn't already installed the homebrew channel. You did install the homebrew channel right?

Don't take his advice for now, as it may void your warranty. I would definitely send the Wii back to Nintendo if its still under warranty. They should fix it for free, but you may have to pay for the shipping to send it to them and receive it again. It's well worth it, considering Wii's are still scarce to find these days. Good luck. :)

Don't take his advice for now, as it may void your warranty. I would definitely send the Wii back to Nintendo if its still under warranty. They should fix it for free, but you may have to pay for the shipping to send it to them and receive it again. It's well worth it, considering Wii's are still scarce to find these days. Good luck. :lol:

GameCop doesn't read topics :/

My Wii wont read disks, And my warranty is out:(

Yeah.... warrenty is caput. We sent it back once already. I got the Wii the day it came out, and I think the warrenty was for a year.

Well, do call to make sure. It'll probably be cheaper to pay for the repair without warranty than to buy a new Wii.

Well, do call to make sure. It'll probably be cheaper to pay for the repair without warranty than to buy a new Wii.

That is very true. Depending on the price though, and if you know it is the specifically the drive where the problem is, you can always buy a replacement and fit it yourself. Which might be more challenging.

have you tried cleaning it?

with one of those dvd cleaning discs.

if that doesn't work take that sucker apart and clean the lens with alcohol and a q-tip. cleaning the little plastic disc and magnet that spin the games. you have nothing to lose. it doesn't work and is out of warranty. seems like a no brainer to me.