360 will it ever be fully hacked/exploited!

Boring question i know.

its been 2.5years now since the 360 came out,personally i just cant see it happening on 360 as much as i want homebrew/emus on the 360 i just dont think its gonna happen.

any thoughts guys/gals?

You just never know. I doubt it though. The 360 is so integrated with Live, patches, DLC etc that it would be impossible to have an XBMC-like setup without losing out on something or other. As far as emulation goes, what could the 360 do that the Xbox1 couldn't. Maybe a port of a Saturn/DC emu but that's it. I already have a Saturn and DC anyway so I don't care. The Xbox1 emulates pretty much everything pre-PSX era as it is.

At least 'backups' can be played, unlike the PS3. Look at the crackdown on the Wii at the minute by Nintendo too. At least 360 users can download any game they like and play away. The only cost is the 360 itself and as many DVD9s as you need.

I wouldn't mind a lot broader codec support a la XBMC though, it is limited in that department. Like you can't have 5.1 with HD content, only stereo. Wtf? Unless you use the external HD-DVD that is. But still..

You just never know. I doubt it though. The 360 is so integrated with Live, patches, DLC etc that it would be impossible to have an XBMC-like setup without losing out on something or other. As far as emulation goes, what could the 360 do that the Xbox1 couldn't. Maybe a port of a Saturn/DC emu but that's it. I already have a Saturn and DC anyway so I don't care. The Xbox1 emulates pretty much everything pre-PSX era as it is.

At least 'backups' can be played, unlike the PS3. Look at the crackdown on the Wii at the minute by Nintendo too. At least 360 users can download any game they like and play away. The only cost is the 360 itself and as many DVD9s as you need.

I wouldn't mind a lot broader codec support a la XBMC though, it is limited in that department. Like you can't have 5.1 with HD content, only stereo. Wtf? Unless you use the external HD-DVD that is. But still..

Umm how about the playback of HD content? The first Xbox couldn't even play the Halo 3 720p teaser that was out BEFORE the 360 was even released.

And you lost out on Live with a modded Xbox too, unless you disabled your mod. And if your hard drive was checked and not stock (Or at least appearing so) the same thing would happen.

N64 emulation could be loads better, and even things like SNES emulation. Try running certain SNES games on any of the SNES emulators with certain filters, they can be quite the source of slowdown.

Then there is MAME, WTF.....

Every console in existance that has needed to be, has been cracked. Hell every piece of hardware in existance, given enough interest has been and will be cracked.

N64 emulation isnt perfect on pc either and with a 733mhz processer and 64mb of ram in the xbox you cant expect much better.as for the snes emus,i only had slowdown with the earlier releases of some snes emus,with zsnexbox3.3 cant say ive ever had any slowdown and thats with running certain games with filters.

whats wrong with mame on xbox?

anyway back on topic

you are right about the emus on xbox gav.

maybe someday it will happen. :wub:

Umm how about the playback of HD content? The first Xbox couldn't even play the Halo 3 720p teaser that was out BEFORE the 360 was even released.

And you lost out on Live with a modded Xbox too, unless you disabled your mod. And if your hard drive was checked and not stock (Or at least appearing so) the same thing would happen.

N64 emulation could be loads better, and even things like SNES emulation. Try running certain SNES games on any of the SNES emulators with certain filters, they can be quite the source of slowdown.

Then there is MAME, WTF.....

Every console in existance that has needed to be, has been cracked. Hell every piece of hardware in existance, given enough interest has been and will be cracked.

It has been cracked though. But IMO a complete crack, allowing for DLC, Live etc seems highly unlikely.

HD playback is built in, it wasn't hacked. The original Xbox came out when most people, at least here, hadn't even heard of HD/LCD/Plasma etc. The processor is too slow, that's all there is to it. To expect it to play back 720p is unrealistic. Actually it can handle it IF the bitrate and framerate are low enough, but that's another story.

As far as the 360, there are several limitations on formats which are pretty inexplicable too. Most HD content comes in mkv format which it can't play. It allows 5.1 surround for avi but not for h264/MP4, yet allows unrestricted audio with WMV VC-1. It can't play Divx3 Low Motion either, which a lot of 'scene' releases were encoded with. All that said, it does play most of what I have, but I definitely would not get rid of Xbox1 as it is not a good replacement.

I guess N64 emulation would benefit. Mame too, although Xbox1 can handle 90% of 90s stuff as it is, plus some newer stuff. I never use filters, but I'll take your word for it :wub:

People wanted it cracked in so far as allowing backups to be played. Anything outside of that is a bonus for most people, and I don't think if it meant sacrificing Live/DLC that there is enough interest to go any further. People expect it to be like an XBMC part 2, I can't see it happening, though I would love it.

HD Playback is NOT built in per-say. You need to be running crap like Windows Media Player or other garbage for streaming. You can't simply access a shared folder ala SAMBA and presto.

What's DLC and Live got to do with a "Complete Crack"? Nothing. You couldn't play on Live with the original Xbox if you were modded, and DLC was often locked to a specific system by matching keys with the hardware like the hard drive is. Nothing new here.

As for the original Xbox handling most MAME stuff and what's wrong, are you guys f**king kidding me? There is SO much on MAME the original Xbox can't handle it's not funny. The latest MAME builds on Xbox are missing TONS of games in the core support that I enjoy. Not all of us play 2d fighting games ala CPS*/Neo Geo you know.....

I won't pay for all my games, so yes I want my "backups, but I also want to have a more capable system running "XBMC". I use my Xbox for XBMC all the time, and can't remember the last time I played a game on it.

HD Playback is NOT built in per-say. You need to be running crap like Windows Media Player or other garbage for streaming. You can't simply access a shared folder ala SAMBA and presto.

HD playback is enabled from DVD out of the box. As for streaming, I use the old Windows Media Connect as it's the least intrusive/intensive of all the solutions. It uses like 15MB, it's not like it's Adobe Acrobat or anything.

What's DLC and Live got to do with a "Complete Crack"? Nothing. You couldn't play on Live with the original Xbox if you were modded, and DLC was often locked to a specific system by matching keys with the hardware like the hard drive is. Nothing new here.

I'm not comparing it to what they were able to do with the old Xbox, but that's what I meant by complete. As in the ability to do everything, backups/Live/DLC/emus etc, while remaining undetected. Yes, Live wasn't an option on the old Xbox either, but now Live/DLC plays a much bigger part in 360 gaming

As for the original Xbox handling most MAME stuff and what's wrong, are you guys f**king kidding me? There is SO much on MAME the original Xbox can't handle it's not funny. The latest MAME builds on Xbox are missing TONS of games in the core support that I enjoy. Not all of us play 2d fighting games ala CPS*/Neo Geo you know.....

A lot of games are missing, partly due to the older core, partly crippled hardware. However, thousands of games are playable on XB1. It's only either newly added games or 3D games which aren't there.

Hell screw all this. I'd give my right arm for XBMC on my 360 even if it meant sacrificing Live or whatever.