Are you a talkative person?

Alpha

I tend to interview people and know as much as I can about them. One of my missions in life is to understand how humans function and how their thought processes work. I'm about 10% there. Perhaps this is why I thought of radio shows and you'll realize that I may even ask you personal questions when it comes to MSN, AIM, IRC, etc.

The idea in my mind is that even if people are not willing to ask me any questions, I must take advantage of the opportunity to know who I am talking to. Let it be online, offline, etc. Sounds a bit selfish or self centered, but someone needs to lead the conversation.

The ability for us to speak and voice our opinions to people is a gift that many people don't know how to properly use. Many vent their frustrations physically or go on tirades on the Internet. People don't take the Internet for granted and sometimes don't account that there may be a true human being on the other side of the world who may be affected by his or her comments.

I'm amazed at the crap I read people say to each other on the Internet and which they would probably never tell others in real life. There will be a time when this will no longer be possible, as the Internet is becoming less of an anonymous zone and more of a "let me tell you everything about me" facebook/myspace sort of place.

Anyway, I went on a little tangent. Are you a talkative person in real life, anti-social, or in the midzone? I'd say I'm on the midzone, leading to talkative at times.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midzone, although more on talkative side. I have my antisocial "lows" from time to time, but nothing serious I suppose. When I was younger, I was really shy, so that disrupted my social life. I'm still shy to a degree, but it doesn't hinder me as much as it used to.

When it comes to friends, I'm pretty talkative around them. With other people, I tend to stay in the background and just listen and laugh when needed to.

When it comes to friends, I'm pretty talkative around them. With other people, I tend to stay in the background and just listen and laugh when needed to.

Could you explain what you mean by, "when needed to"?

Like how you just go along and cope with other people, you need to pay attention to those that are talking in order to connect with them.

The idea in my mind is that even if people are not willing to ask me any questions

That's because you won't answer them!!

Only talk when I need to, rather boring person really.

Usually just listen to what others say, and thus learn from them.

The idea in my mind is that even if people are not willing to ask me any questions

Agreed, I'd rather listen than talk anyways.

Well, I'm talking about real life. But for the Internet, you're right. I have drawn a fine line on the ground when it comes to my limits of personal information. It's selfish, depending on how you look at it. I need to know as much as I can about you, as you are part of the 1Emulation Staff. I hope you understand. :thumbsup1: