Buy a Playstation 3 [40GB] for $399 with a $100 Gift Card!

Wal-Mart is having an amazing deal on the Playstation 3! You pay full price for the 40GB Playstation 3 ($399 USD) and receive a $100 USD gift card. Some say this gift card can only be used for Blu-Ray movies, but others have said you can use it for everything in the store. Either way, this is a spectacular deal that won't last. Grab it while you can!

1112999808347215x215aa8.jpg

PlayStation 3 Includes:

# PlayStation 3 40GB

# BONUS $100 Walmart.com Online Gift Card

PlayStation 3 40 GB Features Include:

Games: Experience high-definition gaming with PlayStation 3 games!

Cell BroadBand Engine: The PlayStation 3 is powered by the Cell Broadband Engine, a revolutionary microprocessor that leapfrogs the performance of existing processors, giving the PlayStation 3 system supercomputer-like power and performance that, until now, game developers have only dreamt about.

Blu-ray Disc: The built-in Blu-ray Disc player means you can enjoy next-generation high-definition entertainment, including games and movies. It also plays standard DVD movies and CDs.

Multimedia: Photos, Music, Videos, Internet: PlayStation 3 provides an endless array of multimedia activities, all without even inserting a game.

Always On: PlayStation 3 delivers "always-on" online connectivity; offering a world of online possibilities including multiplayer gaming, text and video messaging, voice chatting, downloading content and browsing the internet.

Sixaxis Wireless Controller: The new Sixaxis wireless controller enables you to harness the powerful potential of the PlayStation 3 system.

Key Features:

* Internal 40GB HDD for storing your games, music and photos

* Built-in Blu-ray, DVD, and CD player

* SIXAXIS wireless controller

* HDMI output for 1080p resolution

* Internet ready with built-in Wi-Fi

* Free PLAYSTATION Network access

* 2 USB ports

Specifications:

* CPU: Cell Broadband Engine

* GPU: RSX

* MEMORY: 256MB XDR Main RAM

* 256MB GDDR3 VRAM

* HDD: 2.5' Serial ATA (40GB)

* I/O: USB 2.0 x 2

* COMMUNICATION:

* Ethernet: (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)

* IEEE 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi Bluetooth: 2.0 (EDR)

* Wireless Controller Bluetooth (up to 7)

* Video Output: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p

* HDMI: HDMI out - (x1 / HDMI)

* Analog: AV MULTI OUT x 1

* Digital audio: DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) x 1

* Blu-ray/DVD/CD DRIVE "read only"

* Dimensions: Approximately 325mm (W) x 98mm (H) x 274mm (D)

* Weight: Approximately 5 kg

Shipping Weight (in pounds): 13.4

--> BUY IT HERE!

Credits to Slickdeals.net!

I wonder will Spider Man 3 come with this too.

I don't know if they put that in the Playstation 3 box anymore.

MGS4 PS3 + Free $100 Gift Card - Wal-Mart or Best Buy

Apparently that's what Joystiq says.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/30/wal-mart...h-ps3-purchase/

"between June 1-7 Wal-Mart stores will give a $100 gift card to customers who purchase a PS3. The interesting part is that the following week, June 8 - 15, many Blu-ray players will offer the $100 gift card, and this apparently also includes the PS3."

"The kicker here is if you're looking to pick up a PS3 with your purchase of Metal Gear Solid 4, the smart money would be to pick up the 80GB PS3 MGS4 bundle available June 12 because you'll get a $100 gift card out of the deal"

Let's see... Premium PS3.. check. Amazing game... check. $100 Gift Card...! WTF!!!! Check. :(

Apparently Best Buy will also be honoring this deal, just bring it up to them before purchasing.

I created this thread in the PS3 section... where it really should be. Anyways, no the Spider Man 3 movie stopped coming with PS3's last year sometime. But if you get this on the 12th you get MGS4 and a $100 GC. Anyone thinking of getting a PS3... this is the deal you've been waiting for.

Also, read in the PS3 section that in game XMB is due to arrive between the 10th and 12th of June.

Edited by GameCop

In case anyone missed out on this deal, it's still available in stores and online again! Get it while its hot if you always wanted a PS3 and some Blu-ray action. :jason2: