x68000x on the xbox1

fumanchu

The lastcouple of weeks ive been messing about with this emu,for anyone who hasnt tried it i suggest you give it a go as there are some excellent arcade conversions and shooters on this platform.

the sharpx68000 is a japanese computer from about 1987 and had games made for it right up to 1996.

the inside of the computer is basically the same as the cps1 board that capcom used for games like strider,ghoulsnghosts,streetfighter2...

ive tested ghoulsnghosts,strider and a few more of the capcom games and their pretty much faithful to their arcade counterparts,especially final fight.

some highlights

castlevania(a port of the original nes game but with 16-bit graphics)

nemesis90(a port of the msx game,again with 16-bit graphics,was never releaded in the arcade and was only available on this system)

final fight(pretty much arcade perfect)

1941(a great port of the cps1 shooter)

so anyone else tried this emu?

if so what games do you play?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Streetfighter 2, Super Streetfighter 2 & Final Fight are great on it, FF especially as it dumps on the Amiga version of the game from a great height, tohugh lets face it the Amiga version always felt like a half finished alpha test that got put on sale more than a conversion of a good Capcom game

Final fight feels like an arcade perfect conversion to me,ive been playing the x68000 version more than the arcade version lately.

i never owned an amiga myself,i just had the c64 then moved onto the master system after that.i suppose i could try xports amiga emu.

Question.has anyone got "cho ren sha" to work.its a shooter that came out in 1996 for the x68000 and it looks bloody amazing.i cant get the game to work,has anyone had any luck with it?

edit/castlevania is really diificult,even more so than draculax on the pcenginecd.

or just play the arcade version gav. :(

have you tried the x68000 version gav,cause ive been playing it a lot and its an acurate version of the arcaade game,well i think anyway.they both share tha same arcade hardware.

just been trying out a shooter called chorensha,man is it good.this game looks as good as any sega saturn blaster.

gonna be trying more shooters at the weekend,there are loads for this system.