New PC = Bag of Death!

emsley

It has seriosu issues installing anything from CD/DVD: Gamers Athlon Dual Core 8800 (AMD Dual Core X2 6400 - 3.2Ghz L2 2048k cache, 2GB Kingston DDR2 667 - 2 x 1GB, 160GB SATA Hard Drive, , Impress Case , Colors 550Watt Silent Upgrade, 384Mb 8800Gs PCI express slimline, AM2 - MSI K9N-Neo-F DDR800x4 non intergrated, DVD+/- RW - 18X Samsung Lightscribe, No Floppy Disk Drive, Integrated Sound Card, Intergrated Monitor Speakers, , Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (OEM), No Additional Software, , Free Carriage, 13 Month Warranty)

Problems: Fired it up and went to install office 2007 got an immediate hang on install.

Tried again thought it was a "one off" and went threw the install process, only to reach 99% and tell me "there was an error installing" so It packs up. But lo and behold it has actually installed office!!

Other stuff its abuses me with: Tried to load a game on, had to "explore" the CD to find the autorun!!

Its just basiclly crashing when trying to read CD/DVDs

Stuff I have tried to fix:

I got my vista fully updated and my Disk drive does not need a firmware update.

The machine came with standard stuff on it, no "bloatware" or anything like that..

Im going to try playing a regualr DVD now and see what it does.

I have vista on 2 OEM machines and got to say they have been hell. Blue screens of death and what nots. I just got one machine formatted to Xp had a hell of a time getting the xp drivers for this vista machine since the disk it came with had none.

But as far as Vista people stay away from it. It is the OS from Hell.

well its been at their store for the past three days and they have not informed me of anything.

Ill probably end up putting XP on my self got all the drivers and what not..