Mass Effect is full of fail

Shibathedog

I'm sorry, but flock that game.

Its a huge graphical accomplishment with tons of depth/writing/voice acting/places to go/things to see/ways to advance your character personality wise/stat wise/hell you can even upgrade your items! Truly an amazing technical achievement.

But thats it, they did allllllllllllllllll that crap, for nothing, because they forgot the fun. 75% of the depth in the game is useless filler that doesn't have anything to do with anything. At least in a comparable game like Oblivion when you did a useless side mission you would get some kind of hint to the main storyline, or learn something interesting about something somewhat useful most of the time. Then they act like alternate endings are something new. OOOH YOU CAN PLAY ALL ACTION STYLE OR PEACE STYLE no you flocking can't, you have to shoot people all the flocking time, and the action sequences are clunky and awkward, but so is everything else about this overly complicated game. You have to memorize practically an entire new set of vocabulary just to understand what the flock is going on. Too time consuming, too much of a task, too much work. Work and Game do not go together, Just like Work and Fun don't go together either.

I stopped playing the game when I had to redo the same mission for the 7th time because I would die for no reason with a full health bar, glitchy bullshit game. I grabbed a big permanent marker and drew big veiny dicks on every page of the manual and traded it in to the same pimply flock at gamestop who sold it to me, he asked me if I liked it and I told him I'd rather repeatedly slam my nuts in a drawer than ever play that flocking game again.

What an overrated/overhyped piece of garbage. flock Mass Effect. I just wanted to post this to see if anyone else felt the same way, because I feel like I'm the only one who isn't buying into Microsoft's/Bioware's/Whoever the bullshit about this game being so amazing belongs to.

Bioware made this game right? While I'm on the subject, KOTOR and KOTOR 2 flocking blew ass too, the only reason people liked it is because it said Star Wars on it. It was a crappy/boring RPG just like Mass Effect and you know it. flock Bioware.

I'm just all around pissed right now because of work. But I really do hate Mass Effect this much.

No.

What kind of crap-tacular response is that? Shiba just poured his heart out for his feeling with this game.

The least you can do is enlighten us with your reasons for such a brief response. :(

No.

What kind of crap-tacular response is that? Shiba just poured his heart out for his feeling with this game.

The least you can do is enlighten us with your reasons for such a brief response. :(

Mass Effect is the game Jade Empire should of been.

Wow. What an anguish. Personally, i do like the game.

It is a graphical marvel BUT it is riddled with inconsistency, drop in framerate sometimes and loading time out of nowhere to refresh the framerate. The story is ok, i don't get your meaning of learning a whole new speech. What? you mean you don't know English?!? The gameplay is average. Sure, you might shoot most of the times BUT if you use techie or boitic, you have whole different arsenals to use ranging from Throw, levitation and such. I would suggest you try to dvelve more into the classes. however, the side missions do get repetitive. Still, not as bad as Assassin's Creed's repetitive missions.

i still enjoy the game and would say it is one of the better western action RPG out there. (Haven't play Oblivion so can't comment)

I'm talking about all the terms and things for all the various upgrades and abilities and stuff, as well as the storyline, all the races/organizations/random stuff they talk about for things that don't exist in real life.

Basically the equivalent of having to read a D&D manual to play D&D and fully understand it and all terms inside, but 101 times as complicated and using nonsensical words to sound technical/sci-fi.

Blah nevermind, I don't really know how to describe it, Basically you need a guide/a lot of patience/a lot of reading to play it. More than I'm willing to put into it.

I pirated the game, didn't use a guide, just learn from the tutorial and I still manage to complete it with 100% misssions completed. It is not as frustrating as you made it to be. And biotic is nice to use :(

the game isn't complicated. I beat it no manual, faq or guide book. it has major problems I will give you that. namely the elevator of doom and textures popping on screen 10 seconds to late. the shooting is kinda lame but combat in RPGs is lame 99% of the time. (elderscrolls and a few others got it right. turn based jap style sucks, this mass effect style sucks. I liked Jade Empire's combat system. kinda a cross between turn based and real time.)

but it does somethings well. like the story / dialog. but really if you didn't like kotor / jade empire you are not gonna like mass effect either. I liked Kotor and am pretty much a star wars hater. so don't give me that crap that only fanboys like kotor.