wooden snes handheld!

fumanchu

Thats quite sweet! Makes me want to do my rendition of the PSP redesign I've been thinking about. Not....... in wood though.

what sort of rendition did you have in mind?

Well, my main problem with PSP, is the D pad. Sure its sony, but something is off. For instance, when I play Tekken, I have a rough time trying to pull off certain moves. I say I fail 10% of the time, where as with the PS2 controller, I can do anything on command, 100% well, I once saw a PS2 portable, where the guy looked like he Molded the case, himself. But I dont know how, as it looked like actual PS2 controller pieces, streamlined with the case, no ceams. Anyway, when I saw that, I got to thinking.

I started to inspect the size of the PSP, because I wondered, if you caould kinda do what that guy did, but put a PSP, inside a PS2 controller. If I cut open a controller, and stripped a PSP, and alot of elbow grease. I think I can find a happy medium. Problem is, I forsee alot of design possibility, and trial and error. I'm certain though, that it can be done. A PSP, with no control issues, that would be great.

Thats quite sweet! Makes me want to do my rendition of the PSP redesign I've been thinking about. Not....... in wood though.

what sort of rendition did you have in mind?

Well, my main problem with PSP, is the D pad. Sure its sony, but something is off. For instance, when I play Tekken, I have a rough time trying to pull off certain moves. I say I fail 10% of the time, where as with the PS2 controller, I can do anything on command, 100% well, I once saw a PS2 portable, where the guy looked like he Molded the case, himself. But I dont know how, as it looked like actual PS2 controller pieces, streamlined with the case, no ceams. Anyway, when I saw that, I got to thinking.

I started to inspect the size of the PSP, because I wondered, if you caould kinda do what that guy did, but put a PSP, inside a PS2 controller. If I cut open a controller, and stripped a PSP, and alot of elbow grease. I think I can find a happy medium. Problem is, I forsee alot of design possibility, and trial and error. I'm certain though, that it can be done. A PSP, with no control issues, that would be great.

i think thats something we all would like.i still dont get why sony gave us that awful dpad on the psp.its an absolute nightmare for fighters,your thummbs bleeding by the end of a gaming session.but i hope you manage to pull it off,and maybe post some pics when your done. :(

It would be my first attempt at something like this. But I was a hardware guy, and a handyman, so I understand customization, and practicality quite well. I figure, I'd do some mock ups with modeling clay, after I gut the two, and see what can be put where. Imagine a wide PS2 controller, that is heavy. I figure, Ill need to get fiberglass materials for my preliminaries.

But I wonder, where all the gizmos and du-dads are going to be placed. I think that there would be a few configurations, that would be alright, but Id go for the most comfortable... thats the practical side. But something tells me, it's going to be ugly.... But such is the price, for good control.

Yea, when you hold a PSP, your hands are at an improper angle, so your thumbs are hitting the D pad all weird, so pulling off concise movements, is impossable 100% of the time. I'm always screwing up it Tekken.

It would be my first attempt at something like this. But I was a hardware guy, and a handyman, so I understand customization, and practicality quite well. I figure, I'd do some mock ups with modeling clay, after I gut the two, and see what can be put where. Imagine a wide PS2 controller, that is heavy. I figure, Ill need to get fiberglass materials for my preliminaries.

But I wonder, where all the gizmos and du-dads are going to be placed. I think that there would be a few configurations, that would be alright, but Id go for the most comfortable... thats the practical side. But something tells me, it's going to be ugly.... But such is the price, for good control.

Yea, when you hold a PSP, your hands are at an improper angle, so your thumbs are hitting the D pad all weird, so pulling off concise movements, is impossable 100% of the time. I'm always screwing up it Tekken.

well it certainly wont be an easy job but good luck with it.

Well, I'm such a procrastinator,(Holly crap I didn't misspell it.....) But I'm so strapped for cash.... (I don't own a PSP) By the time I get cash flowing again, I'll likely have forgotten. Perhaps I need to make a list of things I wish to accomplish...

Edited by Belthasar