Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Adel151

Wireless ?

just installed my wireless card on my PC did all the required stuff and for some reason my PC like every 3 seconds it loads up ( a quick dash of loading ) doesn't effect anything it just gets on my nerves

no you know the busy light keeps coming on every 3 seconds ( the light on the PC) loading light

So, the hard drive light keeps coming on. Did you protect your wireless network with encryption, or can any passerby get in?

You've probably been hacked.

as far as I know it has encryption well at least my router does passphrase and wep encryption

as far as I know it has encryption well at least my router does passphrase and wep encryption

Are any of those set?

Also, if you're using windows, you should install the connection software provided with your wlan device instead of using the "wireless zero config" service because the latter sucks ass.

Does your router have a WPA encryption if it does then use that instead of a WEP encryption, cause WEP is frighteningly easy to crack! :|

Edited by Hexter

Does your router have a WPA encryption if it does then use that instead of a WEP encryption, cause WEP is frighteningly easy to crack! :|

it still stops the casual wireless stealer. Also, you have to remember that some devices don't support WPA *read: DS*

Hopefully you changed the admin:admin username password that comes with all. If you did and made it a very unusual username and password then you have no worries.