"Now I'll be famous"

Alpha

Agreed, and these repeated arguments of "arm everyone and we would all be safe" are complete bullshit, sorry, but if you really think thats going to work, I mean if your REALLY convinced that would fix everything, You should probably get yourself checked out.

I don't say "arm everyone" but there are many highly trained law abiding citizens who could be packin' former and current military and law enforcement personel like my self who if given a concealed carry permit (yes I have one) can carry a firearm in public and act if need be. I don't want your pansy ass carrying. that don't do sh*t.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, and these repeated arguments of "arm everyone and we would all be safe" are complete bullshit, sorry, but if you really think thats going to work, I mean if your REALLY convinced that would fix everything, You should probably get yourself checked out.

I don't say "arm everyone" but there are many highly trained law abiding citizens who could be packin' former and current military and law enforcement personel like my self who if given a concealed carry permit (yes I have one) can carry a firearm in public and act if need be. I don't want your pansy ass carrying. that don't do sh*t.

STOP RIGHT THERE!

You never told me you were a cop! What kind of law enforcement are you a member of? Please share. :P

I was a california state correctional officer for 11 years. I thought you knew that.

I was a california state correctional officer for 11 years. I thought you knew that.

Nope, no sir. I had no idea. :P

I'm amazed because I never thought 1Emulation could have such a member. You're status just bumped a few yards on my list. And what is your military experience?

Got any stories for us that would perhaps defend your view on the right to bear arms?

I would think you would side for only military and law enforcement to have guns. I'm surprised you'd want to allow citizens as well. I would say 90% of the citizens who have guns are not "highly trained". Don't you think it's too easy for any citizen to acquire a gun?

A lot of crimes could be stopped if it wasn't so easy IMO. I think since America will never get rid of the right for citizens to bear arms, at least citizens should have to pass a few gun and ethics classes first. Put a few more road blocks in front of their way so it should at least minimize crimes. But even that has been proven not to work. The best example of this were the Virgina Tech shootings. The shooter, a South Korean immigrant and student at the school, legally acquired the gun through all the procedures. However, they must have missed his medical / psychological history because it doesn't seem like it was a requirement.

But you know what is so funny? This 19 year old child showed the gun to his family! I heard about it this morning and that his guardian saw the new gun in his hands the day before the mall shooting. The stupid guardian said she thought the gun was too old for it to be of any harm.

I would agree that there should be more required to purchase a gun. firearms training should be a part of getting a gun.

my main point is that there are tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of undocumented guns on the streets. taking legit guns out of the hands of the law abiding citizens does nothing but make private citizens defenseless. banning firearms does nothing because then the only guns you can't take are the illegal ones on the streets.

About the increased tests for purchasing firearms. I have taken a few tests in my life, like for a job, and they were easy to determine what answers they were looking for. Sure they ask the same question 3 or 4 different times, in a different fashion, but it does little to stop me.

Alot of mad people, are really intelligent , but they have an "error" in there perceptions. Like someone who cant take it anymore. Often I look at what happened to them, and I see parallels, with those who do nothing like these massacres.

Point is, I don't know what kind of test would detur the best. Personality tests are obvious, and just about any joe shmoe can "pass" one.

Secondly, alot of the criminals, didn't go out and buy the guns, for like robberies and such. They went to they're "guy" for there black market purchase. And these guns are either stolen, or smuggled. There is an uncountable amount of unregistered guns out there. Just as Garagenink points out. So gun theft isn't the only problem.

Anyway, I am personally torn on the issue. I hate guns. But I feel safer, knowing my step dad has one. Plain and simple. But the actual situation, is not.

Stalemate.

exactly. life would be great if there were no guns at all but the fact is they are. and as long as they are I'm gonna be packin'

Gun control is a fairly contentious issue. However, I tend to favor gun rights over control/banning. Banning any good in this country has never worked and it won't work with guns. It's one of the few conservative leanings I have. :)

For some reason all these Cold War doctrines spring to mind when talking about everyone having a gun...

Total Annihilation... Mutually Assured Destruction... Balance of Terror... Deterrence...

Didn't seem like good ideologies back then...

why not? it worked.