Underrated bands

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my list:

- Yes (that's a band)

- America (Made a lot of patriotic songs... ones you wouldn't mind singing around a few people (as opposed to star spangled banner))

- Toto (Rossana? Hold on to Line?)

- Queen (unfortunately, many children don't even know who he is. They may have heard "We are the champions" in a football stadium, but that's about it)

- Philip Bailey (This guy had some great songs in the 80's)

- Mr. Mister (another 80's band)

- Nirvana (Another unfortunate situation, a lot of children have no idea who this guy is. In fact, sometimes I think parents purposely try not to mention the band because the lead singer supposedly committed suicide)

- Survivor (These guys created some of the most memorable songs for Rockey. Outside of Rocky, they're nobodies. I don't get it ... a lot of their songs not made for Rocky are great too!)

- Duran Duran (Another band everyone forgot about. "A View To A Kill" anyone?)

- A-HA (Yet, another band people don't recall. "The Living Daylights" anyone?)

Radiohead

Sigur Ros

Miles Davis

Velvet Underground.

The Cure

Actually, they don't count. So here's some actual bands/people no one knows;

The Delgados

The Frames

Saul Williams

Besnard Lake

Frank Black (Yes, he's actually released albums after The Pixies)

Explosions in the Sky

Elvis Perkins

Deerhunter

Godspeed! You Black Emperor

Animal Collective

Charlotte Hatherley

The Breeders

Broken Social Scene

The Cure

Chico Debarge

Morrissey

The Smiths

Tears For Fears

Death Cab For A Cutie

Ooooo. Tears for Fears made some awesome songs. My favorite would have to be "Shout".

For the longest time though I always thought the lyrics said in one part:

And when youve taken a dump you got

If I could change your mind

Id really love to break your heart

But it really is:

And when youve taken down your guard

If I could change your mind

You learn something new everyday! :P

Crashdïet

Slaughter

L.A. Guns

Vains of Jenna

Sixx:A.M.

The Darkness

- Nirvana (Another unfortunate situation, a lot of children have no idea who this guy is. In fact, sometimes I think parents purposely try not to mention the band because the lead singer supposedly committed suicide)

Underrated? They are TOO OVERRATED

Axl Rose Project (Hear "The Blues")

I corrected it for you :P Axl Rose is always in the news, even he still didn't release anything. I don't think it's underrated for an artist who still didn't release an album which was announced 13 years ago.

I believe in a thing called loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Surprisingly, it's a song I've covered out of pure fun.

Edit: half these bands mentioned are beyond underrated. Queen? Who doesn't know Queen are kids these days (well not exactly, My Chemical Romance & some other band do cover Under Pressure by Bowie/Mercury). But if you happen to be in a band, you know Queen. Same goes for Nirvana, Velvet, Cure, Duran Duran, The Smiths (Love Marr, hate Morressiey). Death Cab = are indy-ish, Static-X and GNR = totally mainstream. Nirvana is known too much. Post-Grunge is known :/

But what about some other bands, Soundgarden, Temple of Dog, Greenriver, Mother Love Bone, Alice in Chains and Mookie Blaylock. There's also Joy Division (Post-Punk) as well.

Axl Rose Project (Hear "The Blues")

I corrected it for you :P Axl Rose is always in the news, even he still didn't release anything. I don't think it's underrated for an artist who still didn't release an album which was announced 13 years ago.

Axl is the man, he need more attention brought to him, I say he is underrated, everyone news outlet that talks about him only have negative things to say about him. So yes, he is Underrated... atleast he is IMO.

BTW, I have been waiting for that album for a long time. Hopefully we see it drop next year. (* I'll be waiting axl*)

At the moment, the album was announced for February 12, 2008.

I don't there's something positive about him after 1994. He disbanded the band and now it's full of mediocre artists. At least, he should change the band name. This band is a joke for any old Guns N' Roses fan.