Mooney

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*realizes that he doesn't meet those requirements*

well, that just goes to show how shitty my current setup is ;/

I sooo need to build a new PC ;/

I have always loved Unreal, I have waited for so long..... I will be building a Computer..... mainly for this game. Yea yea, I should have one built already. But I wonder if I can make a good balance between required and suggested, On my limited income as of late. Guess Ill save and wait for Black Friday to hit. I haven't been price shopping lately. Damn... I better get on it!

And yes, This is THE game! Absolutely RIDICULOUS! Hell, when it comes out, we should form a clan!

Edited by Belthasar

I got a nVidia 7900 GT that should suffice. The only thing that I am low on is hard drive space. 8 gigabyte?!?! It looks like I'm going to have to buy another hard drive soon.

Oh yes, I also should clean out the dust in my computer. Otherwise, if I run that game -- my graphics card will definitely burn out. Sitting at idle, it's at 73 degrees celsius.

Ok, pardon me for missing out, but what is so great about UT3?

Granted, i never bother to try out Unreal game before......

Unreal Tournament is the reason I play PC shooters. 'Nuff said.

Seriously though, the Unreal games aren't that great- it's just the Unreal Tournament series are the best multiplayer shooters around. Everything about them is best in class... graphics, game modes, AI... not to mention the mind boggling number of skins, maps, mods that exist APART from the hundreds or so Epic has released for each game over its lifetime.

Mostly the attention comes from its technology being 2 generations ahead of its time at release. UT2003 was the first (and last) title that made me actually upgrade hardware to make a game will run better.

Unreal is so good that it managed to pull me away from Quake

Do you have any idea how much Quake i played back in the day? It was like I never stopped.

These system requirements are pretty reasonable though, The Crysis requirements are pretty unfair in comparison.

To run an unreal game efficiently though you really have to blow away the recommended specs. Because its such a fast paced game you pretty much NEED at least 60+ FPS.

That is what i hate. Multiplayer. Whatever happened to the good old days where everyone is enjoying a single player game?

Well, there is a mode that differs from previous UT games. Its more like an Unreal game, as opposed to the tournament style. From what I can tell, there will be multiple choices that affect the game later on. Like stealing a technology will unveil a new vehicle that isn't normally available. And if you screw with a particular faction, they will become vindictive later on. So there will be some depth to the single player modes. But I do not know the extent of the new modes, there are others that are still secret.

As the End stated, He played a lot offline, the previous games AI are pretty good, so this new installment will undoubtedly be better. Unreal games have always preformed well in all areas. Hell, I still play UT. Its dated, ugly, but is still damn fun, even to this day. There are so many servers still up, although about 15-30 at a time running when I'm home. But my point is there are still fan boys of the old school, and for good reason.

This game is focused on multiplayer, As in there will be others on your side, as to specific game modes, I am unclear. BUT, If that isn't your thing, perhaps this isn't your game. But personally, I love FPS. Out of all types, this is my strongest. I usually start out mediocre, It takes me awhile to ........ Format myself to the mechanics & physics of a particular game. and the Dreamcast Lover wasn't lying, this is a fast paced game!!! I like being able to out maneuver someones attack. Dodging back and fourth, Circle strafing, Double jumping to a wall and backflipping off it behind my opponent. I might as well be in the Matrix. UNLIKE IN HALO!!! I despise halo, it's like your playing on the moon.

The known game modes are amazing. There is plenty to choose from. Onslaught was ...... too good. I cannot emphasize how fantastic this game will be, but all in all, it's still an opinion. Gears of War was great, but it's a different monster.

Unreal Tournament III-this is what I am dreaming of.

Oops, I said so much, but didn't say much at all. Sorry..... I guess I'm too excited!!!