Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

Devia Eleven

Why can't they let this crap die already.

Money.

And because the original story of FFVII had so many holes and unexplained things in it. The fans basically begged Square to releases something that would fill these holes.

And Square is doing exactly that, like it or not.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't they let this crap die already.

Money.

And because the original story of FFVII had so many holes and unexplained things in it. The fans basically begged Square to releases something that would fill these holes.

And Square is doing exactly that, like it or not.

So did 6, which I think is a much better game anyway. Why don't they remake that? Oh that's right... American's can't begin to handle an RPG unless its remotely 3 dimensional.

bullshit.

Origins? FFIIIDS? the upcoming FFIV for DS? those aren't remakes?

I really want FFVII remaked because the graphics were really sub-par due to the game being basically a first/second gen PS1 title. Not only that, but a LOT of people loved FFVII. It's what brought RPGs into the mainstream in America. It DESERVES a remake, like it or not.

It DESERVES a remake, like it or not.

Firstly how does it 'deserve' a remake? If it was really that good, then it should be able to prevail through time, not just get passed over because its graphics look first-gen 3d. Or were you one of those that were wowed by the then-mindblowing cutscenes? To all those people that love FFVII, go play it again.

Secondly, why would you even want a remake? Again if the game is that great then it can only go downhill. Better graphics won't be all that come with a remake- it'll have a rescored / remixed soundtrack, re-written dialogue, a new 3d engine and probably a different aesthetic. There is no way a multi-million-dollar endeavour like remaking FFVII will stop at a graphical facelift, which is good. The bad part about a reinterpretation is that it will soil your original fond memories, while there wouldn't really be that much point in doing a straight visual upgrade for the hell of it. Also do you really want Cloud and Sephiroth talking? The movie is a different matter btw.

Just to put this ramble in some context, remember how Metal Gear Solid, the best game of the PSX's generation, was remade and how we all just choose to pretend it wasn't.

I am quiet fond of the reinterpretation of MGS on Cube (using previous concepts). There was also REmake as well. Which gave the b-rated horror feel of the original Resident Evil a MAJOR boost in scare factor with it's madden up to date graphics.

Origins is just a port of a port of a port of a port of an enhancement. Not a total face lifting remaking. FF3 was a total AND released in english (being previously not released in English).

Also, it'll remain a tech demo. Just like the god damn Mother tease in the 64 era. DAMN how I wanted Mother 3.

Hell, they made the bad call of making a sequel to FFX, so there is a good chance that they will make a shitshack remake, or sequel to FF7. All the dump puppies will buy it to see the EXACT same story with the EXACT same characters. Either that, or a similar story with the same characters. You know, I think I'm done paying to play the same game over and over. Hell, you idiots can, but dont go shouting about it.

FFX-2 was essentially just another Final Fantasy game. It also included a job system, always the best part of any Final Fantasy game to contain one. Changing jobs in battle wasn't all that great, though it did give an excuse to make some pretty introduction sequences. It was still plagued by the standard Final Fantasy problems, like ridiculously secret items that you can't go back and get later or being way too easy, but it was at least an average game.