Final Fantasy VII Remake Chatter

Devia Eleven

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I myself haven't been able to get 100%, but my younger sister has. She played that game night and day for months to get 100%. It was as good as getting 100% in KH1 and 2.

bullshit.

Origins? FFIIIDS? the upcoming FFIV for DS? those aren't remakes?

I really want FFVII remaked because the graphics were really sub-par due to the game being basically a first/second gen PS1 title. Not only that, but a LOT of people loved FFVII. It's what brought RPGs into the mainstream in America. It DESERVES a remake, like it or not.

Bias. FF7 was overrated. It was good, but the same reasons its popularity carries on can't apply to later titles. Oh and those titles you handpicked are more or less RE-MASTERED versions of the game. Not a remake on the same level a FF7 remake would be. Not by a long shot. Advent Children was rather bad, Dirge of Cerberus a disappointment. Why do they carry on with this resurgence of FF7? Just cuz its popular, regardless of how bad they treat the property.

Edited by nyuuka

It was largely uninteresting, and getting some of the bonuses required the most cryptic acts that you would never figure out without a strategy guide. Hell, some of them required you to watch those sphere things and just sit there for minutes on end waiting for something to happen. A large number of the bosses in X-2 could be beaten simply by changing all girls to warrior or Dark Knight and having a warrior use Assault. The way the job system was set up could have been much cooler if the game weren't so bouncy, cheerful,a nd goofy so much of the time. As much as I seriously don't mind sex appeal on my games, it's not something I want games to be centered on.

Edited by Devia Eleven

So I guess New Game+ doesn't fancy replayability for you then.

Not in this case, no. All this allows you to do is play through the game even easier than you did last time. It could help with your completion rate, too, I suppose, but if you don't have a guide, you're still flocked. Just like every other Final Fantasy game. They're easy, but if you actually want to get everything, you can't just finish the game and look stuff up online, you have to have a guide right from the start and follow it to the letter so you don't accidentally open a chest you weren't supposed to, or so you wait in the right area for a few minutes to see another line of text.

New Game+ is normally a really cool feature, the game just needs to have a reason to be played again. If the dress spheres levels reset with your character's and/or required a greater commitment (rather than switching between them in battle, though you could always opt not to), then playing through the game again would have more meaning. Also, the game is so easy that even if you limited which spheres you use, you probably wouldn't have much trouble winning.

I have gotten 100% in the game, it was a complete pain in the ass, I was following a completion guide and had to redo it a few times anyway because I missed tiny little details in the massive list of things you have to do. The mascots were totally cool, though. Also, Sphere Break is fun, and Blitzball was decent.

What?!? How can you don't like FFIX??

- engaging storyline (much much better than FFVIII for sure,

comparable to FFVII IMO, no idea compared to older series)

- more interesting character design

- job class specific to characters are great

- Chocobo Hot and Cold is by far the best mini-game.

- i like the subquests better.

Of course, we can't compare to the FF series starting from X since they boast full voice acting and better graphic, lengthier gameplay etc.