Bioshock DRM?

Agozer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the official Bioshock thread i posted a Q&A from a site and one thing they said was the game needed internet to be checked for piracy. But this is more than i expected!!!

If you uninstall the game, would it remove the Rootkit? IF you click on the link in the article it shows you how to remove it but its not worth keeping the demo installed, Anyways im done with the demo. So agian would the rootkit be uninstalled if the demo is??

The other link in the Slashdot article point to a blog entry, but judging by the comments the blogger is spreading FUD on his end. Go figure.

Anyway, read the comments.

If it's not stated on the packaging that it will instal secret things into your computer, and make contact with a server over the internet, they can look forward to action by certain governments, such as California did with the Sony rootkit.

I for one will not purchase anything that requires activation any more complex than typing in a CD key, nor will i have anything to do with software that disrupts my computer.

Now, its just a matter of waiting for the bootleggers to produce a clean version of the game.

The other link in the Slashdot article point to a blog entry, but judging by the comments the blogger is spreading FUD on his end. Go figure.

Are you trying to answer my question, if you are which comments is the answer to my question in (if you know what it is just tell me "yes" or "no"). Thier is a loooot of comments.

If it's not stated on the packaging that it will instal secret things into your computer, and make contact with a server over the internet, they can look forward to action by certain governments, such as California did with the Sony rootkit.

I for one will not purchase anything that requires activation any more complex than typing in a CD key, nor will i have anything to do with software that disrupts my computer.

Now, its just a matter of waiting for the bootleggers to produce a clean version of the game.

As much as i agree with you, it is still funny that people complain about having to install a security measure for the game. I am pretty sure if you were in thier position you wouldnt want people to bootleg your game...........but the sad truth is i am not in thier shoes neither are you, so down with rootkits and up with piracy. :clapping::D

Are you trying to answer my question, if you are which comments is the answer to my question in (if you know what it is just tell me "yes" or "no"). Thier is a loooot of comments.

I honestly can't say. Some people say that the Demo didn't leave any trace of SecuROM that was detected by RootkitRevealer, yet some seem to claim that it's the real deal. I can't make heads or tails of it really, I just call em' as I see 'em.

according to the site comments, the service can be removed and as long as you have admin privileges, what's the problem?

Edited by Reaper man