Tomb RAider

rubiocroft

I'm a fan of Tomb Raider series.... the first one I tried it was the fourth edition. The truth is I wasn''t able to do a long jump and it never called my attention before. However, I get the pc version of the same volume and I really liked it ( I suppose the gorgeous female character was an important factor). I've tried the whole list except a gold version of Tombraider 1... and the last edition - "10th Anniversary"- .

I finished TombRaider legends and It was awsome!... however.. what I really desliked was the use of mouse for camare, and clickin' while you try to control her. I almost get used to it... but I hated it! :blink:

Well the reason is to know if you rather prefer the psx version of the games or just the pc version?--- :o

I surely think it's more interesting to play in your console (although I'm better using keyboard---on :( pc),maybe it's because it's more difficult to play in Psx... or it's just different in comparison with PC.

I haven't finished the Angel of Darkness... maybe it's because they started to use mouse right there! arrggg :shootem:

5675752.jpg

The PC version is just as good as the PSX version if not better; you just need a good analog gamepad to play.

You should never play Angel of Darkness. That horrid excuse for a Tomb Raider game is a broken, buggy mess. If you really want to see it in action, I'd suggest grabbing a speedrun.

For Angel of Darkness you don't need to use the mouse, it's just an option, but for Legend and Anniversary a controller is a must. For me when it comes to playing it doesn't matter which version as long as I get to play it. I do like playing on the PC more though because I can make as many saves as I want while I'm limited to a curtain amount on the console versions. I'll admit that the Xbox or a 360 would be the first consoles that don't force you to this limit but I don't either (and Legend and Anniversary are the only ones that have 360 ports) so I won't go there.

Have you had the oportunity to play 10th Anniversary yet??? I hope to do it this weekend.... what respect about XBOX and PS2... I still hope about an emulator to play them in my PC... those consoles are too dear ( not cheap right?? for my pocket!! :shootem:

633138794727811250TombRaiderAniversaryPS2mont.jpg

Anniversary is an excellent title and is just as annoying as it's original version. Combined with the great gameplay that practically revitialized the series after the terrible Angel of Darkness. The new TR is surely to be just as good, if not better then the originals.

They set the bar pretty high after the release of Legend, lived up to it with Anniversary, now they need to break it.

As for Controller or Keyboard. I prefer the keyboard, because that's where it all started with me for this game, on the PC.

Tomb Raider: Anniversary is ace. I'm just stuck in Egypt, since the puzzles and acrobatics are much trickier than they were in the original game.

And yes, Angle of Darkness was such a kick in thr groin for the series, that it practically disbanded Core Design outright (or at least conveinced many that Core has lost their magic). At least Crystal Dynamics knows what they are doing.

I don't like tomb raider but I like Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

You are surely right! SHe is quite attractive and that's why I love to do designs with her sexy face. I'm quite good with drawings and portraits so I know what I say. Anyway, After what you 've said about Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary, I 'm more impatient to try it as soon as possible!....

What about the previous games? I mean, the classic ones... which one was your favourite? I've tried most of them except by the Tomb Raider unfinished business.. (is this correct?) and I surely loved TR - The last revelation - Egyptian levels are beautiful and interesting....