Mario Kart [Wii]

59811520070711_230145_0_big.jpg

59811520070711_230151_2_big.jpg

59811520070711_230147_1_big.jpg

At today's E3 Media and Press Briefing, Nintendo president, Reggie Fils-Aime, announced and showed the first footage of Mario Kart Wii.

The footage didn't show off that much, but we do know the gameplay will be more like that of Mario Kart DS and will no longer have the "two people to a kart" gameplay of Mario Kart Double Dash!! which released on the GameCube. No new playable characters were shown off and you could even see the racers driving around on stages from older Mario Kart titles.

Reggie did, however, make two announcements related to the game. First, that it will support the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, including Battle Mode. He also hinted that the number of players may be larger than in the past. The second announcement was more surprising in that Mario Kart Wii is scheduled to release in the first quarter of 2008, which is sooner than most expected.

We'll bring you the first screens as they become available. Stay with WiiBreak throughout E3!

http://wiibreak.com/news.php?id=1248

This looks interesting.

1 word: wow.

P.S.: This, in combination with NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, is enough to make me want a Wii. To top it all off, I would need a really awesome fighting game (if you retort with Smash Bros., I'll kill you).

P.S.: This, in combination with NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, is enough to make me want a Wii. To top it all off, I would need a really awesome fighting game (if you retort with Smash Bros., I'll kill you).

I heard SSBB was gonna be a pretty cool fighting game.

Their removing wavedashing. SSBB is automatically fail.

Their removing wavedashing. SSBB is automatically fail.

Someone want to refresh my memory and tell me what this "wavedashing" is exactly? :(

I remember playing Excitetruck, and I've decided I don't like tilt sensitive steering much. If there's some option to steer using some semblance of normal controls, then I imagine it would be a good game, though.

I love Mario Kart and all, but that game just looks ugly.

Seriously the Wii is just 2 Gamecubes stuck together (the best way of describing it Ive ever heard), and hopefully this game - good or bad as it may be - will help drive that point home for a lot of people.

If I'm really lucky, all those Wii owners will feel like they've been had after enough of these types of games are released, and will regret splurging on a Wii when they should have made a better investment elsewhere.