I officially hate computers!

Ahmad89

Sinking pretty low now aren't we? It's a $5 difference on 2 pads that only have a wired/wireless difference. You should be able to decide entirely yourself don't you think?

More of an experience kind of question and price isnt an issue. Since i never owned a wireless controller and people that comment on them usually say a lot of bullsh!t about them, i wanted to know some from one of you guys. I'll go with reaper man on this one, wired one....i think :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update Qtys Remove Selected

Qty. Product Description Savings Total Price

EVGA 512-P2-N773-AR GeForce 8600GTS 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

EVGA 512-P2-N773-AR GeForce 8600GTS 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Item #: N82E16814130286

Return Policy: Limited 30-Day Return Policy

-$20.00 Instant

$20.00 Mail-in Rebate

$199.99

$179.99

Logitech 963325-0403 RumblePad 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad

Logitech 963325-0403 RumblePad 2 Vibration Feedback Gamepad - Retail

Item #: N82E16826127207

Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

$24.99

Subtotal: $204.98

Calculate Shipping

Zip Code: GO

Shipping: $8.53

Redeem Gift Certificates

Claim Code:

Security Code: Redeem

Gift Certificates: $0.00

Apply Promo Code

Promo Code: Apply

Promo Code: $0.00

Grand Total: $213.5

Gonna go and buy them, just got to wait a little while until i use my brothers computer (i dont trust mine with the viruses it has).

ANY LAST THOUGHTS other than buy a 8800 instead.

ANY LAST THOUGHTS other than buy a 8800 instead.

you are going to regret not getting an 8800 further down the line ;p

It wont support dx10.1 so why buy something that is useless. Besides medium setting are good enough for me. Im a college student who has loans to pay off. And unlike most college students, i dont waste my money on booze, babes etc. Im just buying this from some gift money that i got for the holiday (my holiday). This is also a reward for getting a 4.0(most likely) this semester. YES i'm rewarding myself.

Alright, i was looking on how to connect my card to my computer (i still havent gotten it yet). I want to make sure that i dont have to buy anything extra, just incase i need to.

First of this is were i connect it to right:

wwhq9.jpg

The black strip in the middle of the picture right, i have to remove the metal piece, i know (this is taken with my Handycam)

Close look:

ww2pg6.jpg

And whats that black thing right under it.

Also what if i want to SLI two cards, how would i do that. Do i have to remove the tv tuner.

Is this where i connect the power supply:

ww1oc0.jpg

I watched some youtube videos and all they show is how to connect the card and not the power since they dont need to but mine will. So am i right. FYI, the other connector is in the back.

An overall look at my computer:

ww4or5.jpg

This is the first time me doing something like this and it got really exciting opening the computer. Wasnt hard either.

My biggest question from the following above is about the power supply. I cant find anything about it (at least from my 10 minutes of searching youtube).

I think its safe to assume that that is where you would plug it in. If you already have a graphics card installed, all you have to do it release any metal or plastic holds keeping it in place, unscrew it, and put the new one in. As for power, in my computer theres a power slot just to the left of the slot, this video will give you an idea where to look: http://video.google.com/url?docid=-2588412...kWx5uyRANBuL7gA

I'm looking into getting a new graphics card as well because for a lot of games I could pass the recommended requirements if not for my graphics card, plus a new one will make my computer generally faster. In my dads comp, he has a Nvidia Quadro 3500 i think and it ran my favorite game (need for speed most wanted) extremely well, but then again he has 3.5 gigs of ram, a amd athlon dual core processor, and beautiful screens at 1900x1200 res. I am considering getting something in the 7 series range for around 100 bucks, because I know that will satisfy me for the next couple of years (i'll probably be getting a new top of the line laptop in a few years) as I am satisfied with medium settings as well and don't really care about being able to run games such as Crysis.

Edited by iluvds

That video doesnt show anything for power, its just for installing a video card in general. Does that mean i have to remove my tuner card cause i dont think i have to. But then where is my video card???

Is the power slot visible in the first picture i posted??

EDIT: Just so you everyone knows, its an EVGA 8600GTS 512MB with a 2 4-pin Molex connector.

Edited by Ahmad89

If you're not sure whether you actually have a graphics card in the first place, you can always check by right clicking in an empty area of the desktop, selecting properties, then settings, and it should tell you your graphics card. Inside your computer, find the card that has the VGA or DVI output, and maybe S-video output, and that should be the card.

Your computer is an HP (I'd assume, as this motherboard was produced strictly for them) with an Asus M2N68-LA motherboard, that TV tuner is sitting in a x1 slot........the black slot is a x16 slot, and your new video card would go in there.

SLI is not an option for you with that motherboard, you need two x16 slots on an SLI capable motherboard. Not to mention I highly doubt the power supply in that box could handle it either.

Your computer is an HP (I'd assume, as this motherboard was produced strictly for them) with an Asus M2N68-LA motherboard, that TV tuner is sitting in a x1 slot........the black slot is a x16 slot, and your new video card would go in there.

SLI is not an option for you with that motherboard, you need two x16 slots on an SLI capable motherboard. Not to mention I highly doubt the power supply in that box could handle it either.

Alright, i didnt even care about the SLI, just curiosity. Do i have to remove anything or just attack the new one. And what about the power supply????