Do you believe in...

Deoxys

do you believe in...  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My grandfather claims to have seen ghosts all the time but I have to wonder if elderlies don't just tell those stories to get attention? Or because they think they have liberties in telling kids bs to make the world seem more interesting?

No

Yes

No

I'd love to see a ghost and get the sh.t scared out of me but I don't see it ever happening. Shame.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandfather claims to have seen ghosts all the time but I have to wonder if elderlies don't just tell those stories to get attention? Or because they think they have liberties in telling kids bs to make the world seem more interesting?

Or Alzheimer's. :rolleyes:

Or Alzheimer's. :rolleyes:

Harsh but fair. :P

Just a question for the atheists..

I understand what you believe but, would you prefer heaven over ....well nothing?

My friend said he thinks it would suck to be alive in heaven for eternity...he said it will be boring. He said he rather just cease to exist..

If you cease to exist...you wont be able to fear....ceasing to exist....

Edited by Shoma

Just a question for the atheists..

I understand what you believe but, would you prefer heaven over ....well nothing?

My friend said he thinks it would suck to be alive in heaven for eternity...he said it will be boring. He said he rather just cease to exist..

If you cease to exist...you wont be able to fear....ceasing to exist....

That is a very shallow conception of Heaven that your friend has then... how can anyone say whether the state of your consciousness in an afterlife even perceives 'boredom'? Isn't boredom an instinctive survival mechanism like hunger and fear anyway? Would something like that even be relevant in any higher plane of existence?

Wanting to cease existing is like Nirvana and Destrudo - principles that really makes no sense at all. Those theories are mired in philosophy of existentialism and physicality - sure if afterlife is anything like life as we know it now, then certainly you would get 'tired' or 'bored' of it over time. But would time even exist in a 'place' like Heaven, and more importantly, would an existence that we cannot even conceive of necessarily ever become 'boring'?

The same thing goes for fear - who is to say you feel fear in Heaven? Most people think of it as wayy too much like the embodied existence we experience now. I'd bet it isn't.

For those that chose yes for heaven and are christians does the holy ghost count as believing in ghosts. Just a question. Dont mean to debate anything.