Spider-Man 3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even need to see the movie to know they royally screwed up the storyline. Can't say I care to see it.

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Transformers is where it's at anyway!

As what tons of people have said, the movie was a letdown and rushed. THey should have introduce the black suit here but hold off on

Venom. Let Spidey fight both GG and Sandman with the black suit then

have him have the struggle to get out of it. Then, move the story to the next series where the alien will latch with Brock and we can have a great 4th movie. A shame really, as they can really develop this 3rd movie into something great but still feel that it need to do an X-Men 3 on it. More characters = more fun......not! Suffer the same curse as X-Men 3, IMO.

I rather they do a Matrix than this butchered and rushed version.

Still haven't seen it, but it annoys me that they put out a movie that's been in the making for so long and it still seems rushed.

Sam Raimi came by the Opera House last week. I should've jigged uni and gone and set him straight.

Double Post!

I just went and saw this so here are my comments-

Venom should've been bigger. That is my only beef with this movie. Sure, the pacing has its problems, but the character development of the mains has been done already- really all that was needed here was a setup for some new villains and some action in between. Granted it wasn't perfectly executed. Emotion was lost on those few scenes that required it, not to mention that Marko couldn't pull anything expressive to save his life. Venom effects were cheesy in the mouth department, but otherwise he was well done too. To those canon-sticklers, tough. The movie did what it needed to do right, I reckon. It's just a shame Harry had to die- any moron could've seen it coming, but he was my favourite in this series. A shame.

Plot problems? OK- the butler changing Harry's mind about revenge at the last minute was a poorly concealed device. Fair enough, but he was torn between his father being evil, and wanting to protect the girl at the same time. It wasn't as though Bernard just swept in and brainwashed him. Also his bomb injuries? He must have inherited at least some healing abilities from his performance enhancement therapy. It wasn't as if he got off totally unscarred like the first time- he was pretty badly disfigured by the blast.

The emo thing? LOL. I loved it. It was the funniest thing I've seen all year. Seeing him do the whole fringe-flicking thing was a classic moment. At some points it felt like they were just having a stab at emo-ism, but I think it illustrated the, as Drake said, ability for the Venom symbiote to draw out the Mr.Asshole in even a nice guy quite well. Granted, some of my friends had trouble seeing past the hilarity to what it was actually about, but I had no problems with it.

Basically it all comes down to them trying to cram too much into one movie. Sure, the meteor at the start was out of nowhere, and the Sandman's scene with his family or the one tying him to Ben's murder seem tacked on, but are they big problems? Problems with the original canon are there in the first 2 movies as well, and while I concede this doesn't come together as well as they did as a whole, I really don't see what the big disappointment with it is about.

yeah this movie was kinda stupid, i really stopped taking it seriously after that scene where he was walking down the street acting cool or whatever the hell he was supposed to be doing.

I caused the entire theater to erupt in laughter though. I was wearing a purple pimp hat with a feather and some pimp ass glasses to the theater (long story) and when parker slaps mj to the floor i was like OOOOH WHAT NOW BIATCH!?!?

if you want to watch it...here ya go

-link removed-

(BTW legal site, all their stuff is hosted on sites like youtube and stuff and they just keep reposting stuff, and since you can't get in trouble for watching things off google video...although it does cause a major pain the ass for the people who do content filtering)

Even if it seems like a legal site -- it's just not. Some of the videos allow you to download it your computer.

If anything, Youtube, etc. (if they knew the links existed) would remove them. Sorry. :P