Another Earth ...

Alpha

It's got the same climate as Earth, plus water and gravity. A newly discovered planet is the most stunning evidence that life - just like us - might be out there.

planet2468x194xd5.jpg

This is the scene - or may be the scene - on what is possibly the most extraordinary world to have been discovered by astronomers: the first truly Earth-like planet to have been found outside our Solar System.

The discovery was announced today by a team of European astronomers, using a telescope in La Silla in the Chilean Andes.

The Earth-like planet that could be covered in oceans and may support life is 20.5 light years away, and has the right temperature to allow liquid water on its surface.

planet468x457ym4.jpg

Read the full article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1965

--------------

So the question is, Do you believe another life form can exist outside of Earth?

Of course I believe. It all comes down to favourable conditions, and it looks like those have been met here. Shame nothing will come of this (contact etc) in my lifetime.

Yeah, plus I doubt I'll be alive in 41+ years.

Also I just heard this on the radio (complete with witty comments on a "Want to buy terraforming, must be done in next 40 years").

Now we just have to get there.

Of course I believe. It all comes down to favourable conditions, and it looks like those have been met here. Shame nothing will come of this (contact etc) in my lifetime.

well it all depends on two things:

People don't die from a meteor slamming the earth.

People don't die from the return of Jesus.