video input to pc?

Renzor

my computer has a video card radeon 9520 wich has a S-video input a video input and a monitor input and my motherboard has a video input

well i was wondering if i coud plug in my playstation and play on my computer screen any help will be apreciated thanks.

Can we get the exact model name to confirm?

I'm pretty sure those are output only, because I don't recall any 9500s having VI, just VO, unless it was a All-in-Wonder.

ooh ive seen these PCs.

Question for you- What kind of HDDs go in that HDD bay? Ive never seen anything in one. Just a regular drive or do you need some weird enclosure?

You should be able to do what you wanted to do then, What you need is some software to display whats going through the input. Although i have no idea what software to use. You could get some video capturing software that has a live preview type function and run that.

what kind of software did HP give you for it? try any of that?

1. Yes you can plug your Playstation to your computer's video inputs and see it on your computer.

2. No you cannot play your Playstation on your computer due to the delay in the video.

Sorry, but the only good those input ports will do you is to watch and record. They can't be used to play video games becasue it is not a true live input. A delay occurs between the actual souce input and what you see on the computer screen due to the MPEG encoding on the graphics card and unfortunatly there is no way around this.

ooh ive seen these PCs.

Question for you- What kind of HDDs go in that HDD bay? Ive never seen anything in one. Just a regular drive or do you need some weird enclosure?

You should be able to do what you wanted to do then, What you need is some software to display whats going through the input. Although i have no idea what software to use. You could get some video capturing software that has a live preview type function and run that.

what kind of software did HP give you for it? try any of that?

This is my Bros Computer so i kinda dont know, but i do know that he took off the bay and left it open to help keep the PC cool since it heats up alot. And its a Media Center so i think it just uses that

1. Yes you can plug your Playstation to your computer's video inputs and see it on your computer.

2. No you cannot play your Playstation on your computer due to the delay in the video.

Sorry, but the only good those input ports will do you is to watch and record. They can't be used to play video games becasue it is not a true live input. A delay occurs between the actual souce input and what you see on the computer screen due to the MPEG encoding on the graphics card and unfortunatly there is no way around this.

There is also an Input port in the back. Im not sure about the delay factor but it shows well.