Magnets/PC

GodPigeon

I have a Logitech 6.1 Surround Sound System, and i just bought a new Computer Desk, But the Subwoofer doesnt fit anywhere but like three inches away from my PC, would this do damage to my PC since the sub woofer obviously is magnetic. I think it doesnt but i wanna make sure.

In theory, don't place harddrives near it. I suggest you start making some room there buddy.

Damn, you're right. Maybe in just not thinking, I knew that but i overlooked it. Thanks, but now i have to find a place to put this thing, which is gonna be hard <_<

I've had trouble with magnets and electronics, specifically monitors (TV). I would just avoid the magnets entirely if possible.

same here, my TV(which is alot older than i am) has those little red corners on the top. My mom blames those on the Videogames but it was really the VCR <_<

its a safe bet it wont do anything because of teh magnets

99% of all speakers nowadays are magnetically shielded, while the purpose of this is to prevent outside magnetic forces (like from TVs and stuff) from causing distortion in the speakers, it also works the other way around

what you might have to worry about though is the vibrations

• 2 months later...

you should be fine, even if you play crazy bass all the time i doubt its going to be enough to cause any damage. Those speakers HAVE to be shielded too (Logitech would be retarded to not shield them, and Logitech makes good stuff so it is)

Just play something with alot of bass loudly (download NCH Tone Generator and play some low sine waves) and feel the side of your computer and see if its really vibrating that much. Keep in mind that its going to take alot to really do anything.

In your situation I don't think the magnet will cause a problem to the computer, just keep it away from the monitor (if it's a CRT), and any floppy disks.

The problem might come from excessive vibrations if you turn the bass up loud.

I have the same sub as you and my computer is relatively close to it although on the other side a thin piece of wood. No problems for me, also Shiba makes sense, it is most likely shielded.

Burn, flip, burn!

What will the Vibrations do???

you should be fine, even if you play crazy bass all the time i doubt its going to be enough to cause any damage. Those speakers HAVE to be shielded too (Logitech would be retarded to not shield them, and Logitech makes good stuff so it is)

Just play something with alot of bass loudly (download NCH Tone Generator and play some low sine waves) and feel the side of your computer and see if its really vibrating that much. Keep in mind that its going to take alot to really do anything.

Il let you know when i get to it. What else is the Tone Generator good for??

In your situation I don't think the magnet will cause a problem to the computer, just keep it away from the monitor (if it's a CRT), and any floppy disks.

The problem might come from excessive vibrations if you turn the bass up loud.

Yea, I dont Use Floppy Disks at all. No Drive for it. I Might buy an external :)

Burn, flip, burn!

:) I guess i never took off any of the tags. I actually never used that feature, and i still have the Special CD that came with my computer for the Burn, Flip, Burn. :D

Edited by GoRDoOnE