Problems burning PSX Games

Haldrie

I have had issues with several Playstation games that work perfectly as an ISO but become almost totally unplayable after I burn them even when playing FMVs right off the burned copy on the computer. The problem not only occurs when I play the game on the computer but also if I try to use it on a real Playstation. I have tried burning the games in different burn modes at different speeds with different burning programs and different burners and all of them turn out the same way.

I have recently tried burning the games on Lite-On, Sony, and HP burners on Memorex CD-Rs. I have used Nero 6 and 7 (Premium versions) as well as Alcohol 120% (using both the default Playstation settings as well as others) and even CloneCD (SlySoft's latest version) to burn with. I have an old LG burner that I haven't tried yet but I'm running out of discs to burn with and I don't feel like waisting any more of them. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

The main games I have been trying to burn are Final Fantasy IX and Tomb Raider. Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider skip like crazy when playing FMVs and Tomb Raider has tons of issues in emulators after being burned (while at the same time works perfectly using using the image in a virtual drive). I have not tried a burned copy of Tomb Raider on a real Playstation yet but I'm sure it will give me tons of problems like FFIX is giving me.

Please help? I'm trying to burn new copies of FFIX for my brothers since all 4 of their original discs are damaged beyond repair and I have perfect images of them on my computer (tested with CDmage) and they don't like to use emulators.

[EDIT]

Whey does noone ever answer me when I need help? :P

[EDIT]

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I used an old CD burner that I had and it is working perfectly now. I guess DVD burners have problems burning in RAW mode sometimes.

Edited by Haldrie

• 2 months later...
Man, Tomb Raider Legend is one sweet game, unlike Angel of Darkness.

I got lazy half way writing the review for it. Sweet game none the less.

• 3 weeks later...

hey!... Do you really play Tomb Raider games???

Yes I do. I just recently beat Tomb Raider: Legend. Why?

Sorry MAn... I couldn't reply to you before... you know.. christmas and new year came at the same time.. lol . I was just surprised because there is someone who likes Tomb RAider... most of my friends they don't like tomb raider because it's not funny for them since there are a lot of things which turn a little bit complicated. I've got all tomb rider games except the TR 1 gold.. I guess there is one,, am I right?? ---- anyway... I was looking in this forum for an answer like yours because I had the same problem when playing burned isos psx games in order to play them in a psx console. Unfortunatelly, I haven't finished Tr angel of Darkness and Tr Legends... and it's a pittly since I'm not sure if I'm thinking to buy a ps2 console someday.. because they surely will be out of time soon! lol.....

i have a modded playstation and when i use my ORIGINAL game back ups on my psx i use alcohol 120% i have a dvd burner too, alcohol has an iso burning app and you can selec what kind of cd you are triying to burn playstation plastation 2 but i use normal cd scince i had trouble with star ocean 2 usind psx burning but with normal cd it runs perfectly

a good rule of thumb is to burn discs at half their rated speed too. Burning at the lowest speed is overkill and i heard burning at half speed produces better results anyway.

find yourself a nice NEC DVD burner and you should have no problems. Its probably the most reliable peice of computer hardware ive ever bought. (I even ended up with fault RAM once before, right out of the box, which i heard is pretty rare)