PSP 2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logical progression-

DS2 = air = nothing = worthless

So, inconclusion, buy a PSP, not a DS. Or a DS2. Time and again I wonder how a handheld that can play a very decent percentage of all the games ever made consistently finds itself second place after the gimmicky and derivative DS.

Logical progression-

DS2 = air = nothing = worthless

So, inconclusion, buy a PSP, not a DS. Or a DS2. Time and again I wonder how a handheld that can play a very decent percentage of all the games ever made consistently finds itself second place after the gimmicky and derivative DS.

It is because of the general impression that:

DS = original, creative games

PSP = port of console games

People's expectation is PSP games should be just like the console conunterparts. So when they start to get craps that was different from the console, they make noise, saying the games are not good and such and saying PSP is worthless.

What they never get is PSP is NOT a PS2 on the go! It is not supposed to emulate a PS2 completely.

Some companies recognised that and they give us good game, with engine built up from zero (GTA, Tekken,

Lumines or any latest Capcom games) unlike some developers who just port their games to PSP and expect it to work (EA games, Splinter Cell, POP, King Kong).

As for DS, no qualms. I do think their games are original but they also have lots of craps. Just like GB where we will find 1 or two good games out of the 1000 worthless games. :afro:

Well, GTA still uses Renderware, just more scaled back for the PSP to handle. The GB selection also mirrors the PS2 selection. Tons of crap games, but a nice handful of sweet and excellent titles.

Hell, have you seen Oblivion PSP? It's like Hexen !