Is this VGALink v1.80 reliable?

I used it to link different Pokemon games like Red Fire and Emerald, Red Fire and Ruby, and I also tried trading chips in MMBN6 and it failed. That is if you are talking about VBA.

Samurai Edge:

You can't link between Fire Red/Leaf Green and Ruby/Sapphire unless you unlock that feature in the Fire Red/Leaf Green games. Also Ruby/Sapphire do not support the Wireless Adapter function.

XPWaRRioR:

Yes VBA Link does work perfectly for most GBA games as long you set it properly. The default link settings will work for most games though. I haven't used v1.8 yet but I'm getting it now. Since it is still in beta stage I'll try it out and if I find any problems with it that aren't just the same problems that the real VBA have I'll let you know.

Ok, I've worked with it for a little bit and there are so far two issues that I ran into:

1. The link feature uses a lot of processor power and can cause the emulator to slow down. When I ran it both vba link windows were running at about 50% and my processor usage stayed at around 99%.

2. There appears to be a major bug in the Wireless Adapter feature. When I tried to communicate with someone in the Union Room on Pokemon Emerald the emulator crashed and the connection was lost.

Other then that it works alright. I highly recommend this software if you want to be able to link on your computer (even with it's major bugs).

How to link:

1. Copy all the files from the downloaded zip file to a folder on you computer.

2. Open the VisualBoyAdvance.exe file. Now open it again leaving the first window alone.

3. Set each emu windows controls.

4. Open a GBA game in each emu window. Note: the games have to be able to link to each other in the first place for the link to work with the emulator.

5. Start a link game on both windows and enjoy.

If you still have questions let me know. I've been using VBA and VBA Link for several years now and have learned quite a bit about each. Also if you plan on playing any Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon games check this out first:

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17613

Edited by Haldrie

Oh ok I thought you said it that they all failed. Unfortunatly I haven't played Megaman on the GBA so I can't help you there (yet).

P.S. I fell for the FTP link in your sig and I want my HP back.

Edited by Haldrie