PREY the god of FPS

Mag

Looks very, very, very ordinary.

Not really. But it plays very well.

And the weapons aren't ordinary either.

Oh, please. It's got nothing that interesting to offer. YAY YOU CAN WALK ON WALLS (In the designated areas only). YAY PORTALS WOW (Yay doors). And I really can't even remember what was different about the weapons. What, they shoot puppies or some crap? Really, how new can it be?

Oh wait, I do remember one weapon. In the "Other world" they had a bow and arrows. You're right, that IS new and innovative! Such advanced technology; who could imagine?

And what's the premice? You're fighting against EVIL ALIENS? I don't think that's been done before!

It's just Quake with shiny walkways that you can walk on crap with and doors that appear out of nowhere. And possibly puppy shooters (Which would actually rock).

I'm so tired of the same overhyped crap being released and making money. What happened to new concepts? New ideas? New anything?

You know, when the Wii was first announced, I thought it was a bad idea. But over time I realized that it's better something new came out, because, frankly, I'm so damn tired of playing the same games with different names.

So what makes this game any different from the normal? What, really?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can tell that no amount of text will change your mind so I think that the demo should speak for itself. If you don't want to play it, fine. I don't want to bang my head against the wall trying to convince one person to play it.

If you break down all the parts of the game and trivialise them like that then of course it won't look interesting (this goes for any game really). It's how all of those bits come together to provide a cohesive and fun twist on the old FPS formula. Is this game revolutionary in any aspect? Absolutely not. What does the game offer that's getting it all this praise? It's just very fun. That's pretty much the only criteria I care about for games. The level design is inventive and cool with the use of the wall walking, gravity flipping, and portals; the weapons are a nice alien twist on convential human weapons (there is one weapon that shoots explosive crab like things); and the combat feels solid. Those are three most important things for an FPS and it does them very well.

I, too, am a jaded gamer but not as much as you it seems. :) I would like to new ideas and new concepts just as much as you and hope the Wii can deliver on that. That's why I was always a supporter since the beginning but I still doubt that we'll see anything radically different.

In the meantime I'll just continue having what fun I can with regular games like Prey and whatnot.

Cliffs note version:

Just don't fu cking play it. We don't need another douchebag coming in who hates FPS games because they're all the same to him. And frankly, people don't care when you said it once.

Cliffs note version:

Just don't fu cking play it. We don't need another douchebag coming in who hates FPS games because they're all the same to him. And frankly, people don't care when you said it once.

The question was more of what you guys who think its the shi t because of, and less 'convince me to play it.' Chill the flock out.

I think the notion of Turok meets Quake sums up the way I feel about this pretty well. Turok is cool. Quake is cool. This is cool. But its not new. I'll still play it because it's cool but I still can't see what is sooo special about it barring its almost 10 year production history.

The fact that the demo saw the light of day is enough of a reson for me to give the game a try. And I love it.

It has good graphics, sound, and some interesting twists in terms of level design and weapons. Furthermore, it runs a lot smoother than Quake 4, even though they use the same engine.

btw, does anyone have a link to that 1998 interview?

That question has been asked so many times but the only answer we've gotten so far is that Apogee still owns the rights to those songs. Kind of a useless answer but I hope they'll release them someday.

Cliffs note version:

I said it was ordinary. GryphonKlaw said, "Not really." Agozer agreed. I explained how it is ordinary. Where did you get the idea that I said it sucks?

I DID NOT SAY IT IS A BAD GAME. READ. I SAID IT WAS NOT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THE REST.

Is it ordinary? Yes. Is it a bad game? Depends on the person. Obviously I'm going to think less of it, since I just explained how bored I am with crap (Oh, hey, I still didn't say it was crap, look at that).

Jesus christ. Go back to grade school.

Cliffs note version:

I said it was ordinary. GryphonKlaw said, "Not really." Agozer agreed. I explained how it is ordinary. Where did you get the idea that I said it sucks?

I DID NOT SAY IT IS A BAD GAME. READ. I SAID IT WAS NOT ANY DIFFERENT FROM THE REST.

Is it ordinary? Yes. Is it a bad game? Depends on the person. Obviously I'm going to think less of it, since I just explained how bored I am with crap (Oh, hey, I still didn't say it was crap, look at that).

Jesus christ. Go back to grade school.

Hi, I'm on the internet, welcome to my home, humbly take your opinion, and place it where the sheit comes out of. Of course, that would mean your mouth.

And that is my counter-retort.

Your pal, K`razy K`dash!