ESRB Changes Oblivion rating from Teen to Mature

The Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) has just sent word that the rating assigned to Bethesda's and 2K Games' The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has been changed from T (Teen 13+) to M (Mature 17+). "The content causing the ESRB to change the rating involves more detailed depictions of blood and gore than were considered in the original rating, as well as the presence of a locked-out art file or 'skin' that, if accessed through a third party modification to the PC version of the game, allows the user to play with topless versions of female characters," said the ESRB in a release.

Full Link: http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=12604&rp=49

Credits: Slashdot

Funny. You would think they would considered this in the rating. And what is going to stop third parties from accessing/modifying the game to have inappropriate images for younger gamers? Absolutely nothing. (Who wants to see that anyways..pixelated anyone?) :P

Bingo, just wait for better bodies, which will make the models nicer anyways.

It doesn't mean anything to nobody. Theres a fine limit between User created content and what comes shipped with the game thats locked out. This was possibly regardless because we have a crappy nif exporter now, and this would of been totally irrelevent.

God damnit Better Bodies come out NOW.

I'm assuming no, because the only way to access it would be to change the files itself.

On the PC version, they had to extracted from the art files, then archive it into a new folder for textures.

I don't really get why they changed the rating. The only way to see the full skin is by unpacking the BSA files using an unofficial program. Since you can't see it without unofficial programs, I don't really see why that'd be a big deal.

Oh well.