Wizard

New Trailer is up on Apple (large)

Plot: Joss Whedon's first arc on his run on Astonishing X-Men 1 to #6

Cure for the X-Gene

Other crap in the movie;

- Dark Phenoix saga begins

- Lots of stuff go boom

Discuss. Keep it to DISCUSSION.

I found it to be slighly better than last trailer. In any case, Ian Mckellen doesn't work for me as Magneto, and never has. He definately has the acting ability, and captures Magneto's ferver and personality. But Magneto also had an imposing physical presenece, as he's is roughly 6ft 2in.

I understand that some characters won't conform to what I see in my head, and that's just part of bringing a comic to life, but I think Magneto is a special case.

Edited by Sturmvogel

They always drew him pretty built in the comics(the lack of consistancy between artists I blame). Which kinda irks me because he's so suppose to be old, roughly around or a bit older then the professor.

They always drew him pretty built in the comics(the lack of consistancy between artists I blame). Which kinda irks me because he's so suppose to be old, roughly around or a bit older then the professor.

Yeah, he is up there in age, but Magneto is a battle hardened soldier. I was looking up some info on him, and I came across something in his bio that mentioned he was rejuvinated by some higher life form. That is, he's chronologically older, but is more like a fit 40ish man in his prime.

He's also portrayed as built in the numerous videogames he's appeared in. The source for his physique being the comics of course.

I definatley like where the movie is going. The beginning of the Phoenix saga, as well as seeing the students come into their own (Iceman and Colossus).

The original run? I take it you mean the classic X-men way back when. His bio has a shot of him for this era. He looks lightly built.

Magneto bio

Edited by Sturmvogel

Yeah, he is up there in age, but Magneto is a battle hardened soldier. I was looking up some info on him, and I came across something in his bio that mentioned he was rejuvinated by some higher life form. That is, he's chronologically older, but is more like a fit 40ish man in his prime.

He's also portrayed as built in the numerous videogames he's appeared in. The source for his physique being the comics of course.

I definatley like where the movie is going. The beginning of the Phoenix saga, as well as seeing the students come into their own (Iceman and Colossus).

The original run? I take it you mean the classic X-men way back when. His bio has a shot of him for this era. He  looks lightly built.

Magneto bio

It happened all the way back with Moria was still alive and Magneto became cloned, the first time and had to artificially age, he was consideribly younger afterwards.

Then he got cloned the second time by some crazy biatch.

But by that time, he should be at least in his body should be in the late 50's by now after all that time messing.

But then again, not alot of time has passed in the Marvelverse. Considering Cap. America's body is still much younger over Mag, Cable and Doctor Strange.

Of course, pretty much everyone in comics is pretty built. Considering Magneto was a child during world war 2 in the movie, he's a bit older than the comics version. Personally, I can't wait for a Wolverine solo movie. The trouble with the X-men movies is, there's so many characters, it's hard to get invovled with personal storylines.