Next Gen for Nintendo

Shoma

The controller has the capability to be placed in a traditional cradle so it'll be like a normal controller. However, that cradle is supposedly based on the Wavebird controller and the GC controller isn't really best for fighting games either.

So yeah, I don't know how well fighters will play on this system.

I still can't belive that people don't know that the cradle was a mock-up made by IGN and not from Nintendo.

It was a mockup but Merrick (or some Nintendo exec) has said that they are considering one based on the Wavebird, of course after the IGN mockup was shown.

EDIT: Ok, it was Jim Merrick, ex-Europe marketing exec. http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6516

Eurogamer: How is the controller going to work with games that aren't designed specifically for the Revolution - multi-platform titles and so on?

Jim Merrick: We're producing a classic-style expansion controller, based on traditional designs like the Gamecube controller. It's like a shell with a hole in the top into which you slot the freehand-style controller, and then you can play third-party ported games, and retro Nintendo games you've downloaded.

So there's that option - but even while it's inserted into the classic-style shell, the freehand controller will still be able to sense positioning and so on, so there are more options too.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*dumfuonded* Im aware of this, but i saw this at the next gen convention myself. The japaneese dude held that controler in his hand saying this is the nintnedo revo controller.

Ok....I edidted my prvious sentence becuz i just now understood wat he was saying, (Im kinda dense) thanks to Mr.Klaw over there. In that case depending on the sell itself i will hav no problems with this console, unless they bring out a bunch of 10 year old games like the gc.

Edited by Shoma

Shoma, the freehand controller is the controller. However, it has a port at the bottom where you can attach it to other things. One such thing is a tradition controller shell. Think of it like the memory slot for Dreamcast controllers except putting an entire controller in it and then using that as the controller.

Shoma, the freehand controller is the controller. However, it has a port at the bottom where you can attach it to other things. One such thing is a tradition controller shell. Think of it like the memory slot for Dreamcast controllers except putting an entire controller in it and then using that as the controller.

Well, do you or anyone have any idea of how this "shell" will look?

YOSHA! YOSHA! YOSHA!!!

NOw i have a little more confidence in the revolution!

But there are still many things to question on:

1. WIll their games be more mature?

2. The graphics in comparison to the Ps3 & 360

3. Gettig used to the controllers.

4. Online play? (They better have it!!!!)

5. What will be the preimere Revo debuet game.

6. Smash bros. 3?

*. WILL THIS NEW, COOL, WIERD, KNUN-CHUK-LOOKING CONTROLLER EXPAND THE HORIZON ON MANY DIFFRENT TYPE AND STYLES OF GAMES!!!!?????

*gasps for air*

YOSHA! YOSHA! YOSHA!!!

6. Smash bros. 3?

*. WILL THIS NEW, COOL, WIERD, KNUN-CHUK-LOOKING CONTROLLER EXPAND THE HORIZON ON MANY DIFFRENT TYPE AND STYLES OF GAMES!!!!?????

*gasps for air*

1.) Probably not. They are aiming for more famliy friendly titles. But I'm sure there will be mature games on it just like there were for Gamecube.

2.) So far all the reports say it's not even close to those two.

3.) Hopefully shouldn't take too long.

4.) Yes, there will be a free online service.

5.) Hopefully Smash Brothers Revolution!

6.) Hopefully. <_<

7.) It would be nice if it did that.

not to mention the rumours that it'll cost 200$ (200$ less than 360 or ps3)

oh and the latest rumour was they were designing a brand new controller for the "remote" to plug into for traditional games.

i wouldn't be too worried about the console though, it'll probably be very very fun to play.

however, and i state this clearly, if the choices i'm left with are ps and xbox... i'm becoming a non gamer.

that or a retro gamer (Which i already am since i hate most of the current gen games, i do enjoy the nintendo ones though)

Edited by Elazul Yagami

YOSHA! YOSHA! YOSHA!!!

6. Smash bros. 3?

*gasps for air*

1.) Probably not. They are aiming for more famliy friendly titles. But I'm sure there will be mature games on it just like there were for Gamecube.

2.) So far all the reports say it's not even close to those two.

3.) Hopefully shouldn't take too long.

4.) Yes, there will be a free online service.

5.) Hopefully Smash Brothers Revolution!

6.) Hopefully. <_<

7.) It would be nice if it did that.

WHoah! whoah, whoa, whoa.........whoa.........

About that number 2, Mr.Klaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You said "not even close?"

Are u telling me that the revo will be another 3rd place console?

I thought the revolution will blow the competition away! After the gc i could of swarn they would take it to the extreme this time!

Edited by Shoma

Nintendo is aiming to make the Revolution an affordable console so it will attract a lot more people. The way to do that is to sacrifice graphics power and have a more friendly input system (the controller). Supposedly the Revolution won't even do HD resolutions. However, good graphics != good game.