DS chat program Released (source too)

bafio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill be good when this program has REAL functionality!!

Actually, chat is working now, but there are still many bugs to fix plus some features to add. Before releasing I wanted some more bug testing, but at this point I think I'll try put it out later today

I hope I don't get too many complaits...

Bafio

That wasnt a complaint. I just said it is taking long to be able to chat.

Hi everyone,

the program is finally getting to a good point, I want to have it well tested before the release, but it looks like I'll be able to release very soon.

It will work IRC-style, so all the users connected will get all the messages, and should be really easy to use. I still have a couple of things to implement but I have been able to fix many of the bugs so it should be quite stable.

Bafio

Hi everyone,

the program is finally getting to a good point, I want to have it well tested before the release, but it looks like I'll be able to release very soon.

It will work IRC-style, so all the users connected will get all the messages, and should be really easy to use. I still have a couple of things to implement but I have been able to fix many of the bugs so it should be quite stable.

Bafio

So there will be a server application? Will it handle things like channels?

So there will be a server application? Will it handle things like channels?

There is a server application but currently all is single channel: messeges go to everybody connected to that server. The server will be available too.

The 1st release will be quite basic on that side, but I have been working more on making it stable.

Bafio

Hi everyone!

DSchat is finally out, with real functionalities this time! you can find it here:

http://bafio.drunkencoders.com/

Version 0.8

Too many changes to remember, but among the others:

* DNS client working.

* It's now possible to connect using both wifi settings from wifitransfer and the firmware settings

* The server has option to upload a message log to an FTP server, locally serve them or save them to a local directory. HTML files are automatically generated (still in devel.)

* Touch screen code takes into account the pressure of the pen

* Keyboard (yes, I know it's not so good)

* Status

* User list (limited to 15 users now)

TODO:

* too much smile.gif

user list, receiving messages in menu, more menu, user settings, webcam (not on DS I'm afraid)...

Ok, so, what do I need to do to connet to something? I'm getting something wrong, and missing several tins Im guessing.

care for a step by step here since I havent run or past wifitransfer program in the past either? I'm not familiar with the steps that need to be made. I got a WIFI game and my connection setup through that, so I can use that, I'm assuming. Anything else that can help, thanks...

I'm not normally so n00bish, but hey. It's a bad week already. ;)

Alright, Just made sure I ahd it all set up to non-auto settings and input all the fun stuff, tested it out, and it worked fine in the actual WIFi testing.

I then goto the wifichat.nds app, select "no" to wanting to use the wifitransfer settings, since Imassuminjg that means it'll use the WIFi firmware ones. I connect to dschat.kicks-ass-org, and....Host not found, please enter IP address...hmmm

What am I getting wrong? I can see you guys are chatting it up though, by visiting the address in firefox ;)

edit: if its any help, after retrying agai when it asks me to, it says "logging in @ 0.0.0.0"

?

Edited by GrupstraNDS

hey, Just saying, I got it working...well, msotly. It connected and everything came up fine, but then froze, but it works now. :)

thanks for the help, turns out there was something switched in my linksys settings back to default that kills it. I forgot I reset back to defaults a week or so ago. Thanks again!

edit again..;)

well, like I said, all connects well, but I get a nasty freeze when i get connected and the user list shows up. A static like fuzzy line shows up across the user list on the top screen andthe Ds locks up. turning it off fixes it, but, I cant get any further then that after several attempts. I'll keep trying though. The fuzzy garbage that displays is similar to that of pointremotes, when it displays junk sometimes.

and now, the server is down. >.<

Edited by GrupstraNDS