DS chat program Released (source too)

bafio

Alright, Just made sure I ahd it all set up to non-auto settings and input all the fun stuff, tested it out, and it worked fine in the actual WIFi testing. 

I then goto the wifichat.nds app, select "no" to wanting to use the wifitransfer settings, since Imassuminjg that means it'll use the WIFi firmware ones. I connect to dschat.kicks-ass-org, and....Host not found, please enter IP address...hmmm

What am I getting wrong? I can see you guys are chatting it up though, by visiting the address in firefox ;)

edit: if its any help, after retrying agai when it asks me to, it says "logging in @ 0.0.0.0"

?

The DNS settings seem to be wrong in the wifi config.

Plus I'm having problems with my internet connection!

Bafio

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got it all working, in case you missed my edit, except, it freezes (when the server was up), right when it connected and got hte user list. refer to my previous post for more on that.

Now, the server is down. >.<

Edit edit edit!

I was able to login and not freeze just fine....Must freeze when the server dies? No one else wasin there. at least I know it works!

Edited by GrupstraNDS

DNS client working

Do you write your own DNS client or do you get a newer version of Dswifi ?

I wrote a very basic dns client, it's also available as source code from my web site, if you download the wific2 source code.

It doesn't take care of all of the situations, and does not cache, but it seems to be ok for a basic use

Bafio

Alright, Just made sure I ahd it all set up to non-auto settings and input all the fun stuff, tested it out, and it worked fine in the actual WIFi testing. 

I then goto the wifichat.nds app, select "no" to wanting to use the wifitransfer settings, since Imassuminjg that means it'll use the WIFi firmware ones. I connect to dschat.kicks-ass-org, and....Host not found, please enter IP address...hmmm

What am I getting wrong? I can see you guys are chatting it up though, by visiting the address in firefox :)

edit: if its any help, after retrying agai when it asks me to, it says "logging in @ 0.0.0.0"

?

Same issue... except I can't even see dschat.kicks-ass.org

What am I getting wrong? I can see you guys are chatting it up though, by visiting the address in firefox :)

?

Same issue... except I can't even see dschat.kicks-ass.org

Is WEP off?

Can you integrate the wifi detection settings into your app, since peeps like me who use SD cards can't use this proggy it seems because you rely on the wifi config file being read on the card which isn't supported on SD's you seem to have a really nice app although I can't seem to use it.

BTW I'm using an m3 sd

Can you integrate the wifi detection settings into your app, since peeps like me who use SD cards can't use this proggy it seems because you rely on the wifi config file being read on the card which isn't supported on SD's you seem to have a really nice app although I can't seem to use it.

BTW I'm using an m3 sd

From the documentation:

[...]

First you will need either:

a) Wifi Transfer settings in the CF, if you have run that program before

or

:unsure: Online (Firmware) settings from an online game, with: all static ip settings, no WEP

This means you don't need a CF card (WMB is a possible way to run it).

[...]

http://bafio.drunkencoders.com/

At least try to read the first 4 lines of documentation before posting !

Bafio

BTW I'm using an m3 sd

From the documentation:

[...]

First you will need either:

a) Wifi Transfer settings in the CF, if you have run that program before

or

:unsure: Online (Firmware) settings from an online game, with: all static ip settings, no WEP

This means you don't need a CF card (WMB is a possible way to run it).

[...]

http://bafio.drunkencoders.com/

At least try to read the first 4 lines of documentation before posting !

Bafio

I did it doesn't seem to read from the firmware. If it does then what do I need to do to instruct it to read from the firmware, because if it was already doing this then it would be connecting.

Edited by death_entry