Xbox 360 mod chips almost available!

Alpha

The problems with modchips now is that it's easier to MS to detect modified hardware. Hopefully these mods will bypass such stuff.

technically, if you're using a plugin-esque mod, you're not modifying the hardware at all. but i don't know about such plugin technology and reverse-engineering for the xbox 360.

I was talking to someone on IRC, who claimed to know something about this, and it pretty much went something like this.

The first couple batches of modchips are going to be your traditional solder job, not as easy as soldering an xbox chip though becase theres no little plug-type-place like they had on xbox that allowed quick programming of the xboxes in the factory, but anyway, Sooner or later, Xbox360 modchips may just be like a USB key because something about things on USB being able to do things without the processor knowing, and running before anything else did, like it would be some small thing you still have to put in your xbox, but the chip would be a USB key and any idiot could do it.

He could be full of crap but i dunno, i remember reading something similar about using a USB key type device like that to keep private what your doing on your computer/hack into them.

I was talking to someone on IRC, who claimed to know something about this, and it pretty much went something like this.

The first couple batches of modchips are going to be your traditional solder job, not as easy as soldering an xbox chip though becase theres no little plug-type-place like they had on xbox that allowed quick programming of the xboxes in the factory, but anyway, Sooner or later, Xbox360 modchips may just be like a USB key because something about things on USB being able to do things without the processor knowing, and running before anything else did, like it would be some small thing you still have to put in your xbox, but the chip would be a USB key and any idiot could do it.

He could be full of crap but i dunno, i remember reading something similar about using a USB key type device like that to keep private what your doing on your computer/hack into them.

Well, every modchip for a system really starts as a solder job. Later on, you'll have the enhancements with solderless chips, etc. I've personally never heard anything of a USB hack, but I have heard of a Memory Stick hack *cough*PS2*cough*.

Memory Card exploit lol! Yeah, it was pretty crappy way of getting to play warez. Also the Gameshark exploit is practically the same.

The ps2 Mc exploit isn't that crappy and about the USB hack u can do the same thing with computers and run viruses(i read somewhere one engadget)

The ps2 Mc exploit isn't that crappy and about the USB hack u can do the same thing with computers and run viruses(i read somewhere one engadget)

Yeah, you can only introduce the virus via a USB device like any other virus though. The only "special" thing being that it's easier to introduce a virus that attacks MBRs etc via a USB device that is bootable. Thats why I don't allow anything to boot from USB.