DSRemote

infernoDS

Beta update v0.2.9b: Some new added features for winamp, new shell to work with DSRemote

Update v0.2.9: New functionality, better stability, makeover, some new developers-options (see the DSRemote for developers.txt), included a NDS-side app for use with DSRemote (included in.zip)

Update v0.2.5a: Fixed savefile not present-error

Update v0.2.5: Solved the Winamp "Play"-command problem, added a "minimize to tray on startup" function, fixed memory leak, fixed DSRemote still being active in tray once you close the program

Update v0.2.4: Tray quick chat working, mail

bugs resolved, popup bugs resolved, help function debugged

Update v0.2.3: Changed the name to "DSRemote", rewrote the whole code, changed the chkmail functionality, added tray + popup functions

Update v0.2.1: Added /chkmail functionality (check senders and subjects of mail on a POP3 server), improved error handling, added settings saving

Update v0.1.2: Added /run functionality (run a pre-configured command), and the /shutdown functionality (shutdown pc)

Update v0.1.1a: Echo bug fixed

Update v0.1.1: DS chat bug fixed, WoW messaging removed

DSRemote is a small program similar to sgstair's udptest program, only more advanced.

This program has more functions, and supports direct chatting between DS and PC.

For now, this program is only server-side, hence the raw commands. A more capable DS-program will be probably released once the full wifi library is released by sgstair.

This is basically a demo, but it might come in handy to change Winamp songs or something :-).

It's made in Visual Basic (which we all love to hate) and sorry Linux/Mac-users, I didn't port it yet.

It has some bugs and some functions aren't included yet, but this release is just to show you guys what I've been working on.

(The filewill only work with v0.2b of the wifi lib test or with the NDS-file included in the package)

dsremote0.2.9b.zip

dsremote0.2.9.zip

Edited by infernoDS

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, good to see someone else with something they have to contribute. I just downloaded, I'll toy with it in a bit.

editWorks like a charm. Winamp songs changed, messages all sent and received fine. Simple, but still sort of fun to use :-).

Edited by GrupstraNDS

@ Alias-Zero: Nice! I'd really like to see that.

@ GrupstraNDS: Thanks, jup, the program is quite basic, but playing with it, is quite fun. Looking into mail sending now. Unless you don't want to get yourself a pneumonia (it's winter here), it would be cool to send emails from your backgarden, not?

Edited by infernoDS

With the 0.2b release the odd packetsending has been resolved, I will update my program accordingly, please keep in mind that this new version will only work with the 0.2b release of the wifi lib test, so consider upgrading. Have a very merry christmas all of you!

Edited by infernoDS

With the 0.2b release the odd packetsending has been resolved, I will update my program accordingly, please keep in mind that this new version will only work with the 0.2b release of the wifi lib test, so consider upgrading. Have a very merry christmas all of you!

Hi,

I have seen your App, looks promising.

It would be interesting having a modified Nintendo binary to control Winapm from the DS, having playlists etc.

I have already developed the DS transfer program, so I know a bit how to work on the DS side.

If you are interested, we could work toghether on this, me on the DS side, to make a release with more features.

I'll be back working on this after the 3rd of January, so just tell me if it looks interesting to you.

Bafio

PS I mean, we could decide on a protocol, based on UDP, to have a flexible way to communicate between PC and DS.

Sounds great! I've been thinking about this idea for some time now, a kind of "wifi tools"-release with things like file transferring, remote control for winamp, remote tablet etc.

You could also create a kind of OS around it, a kind of start > shutdown thingy.

As for the winamp remote now, I would be honoured to work with you :P.

Edited by infernoDS