Gaming industry due for a crash?

ken_cinder

A must read. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27976

I have to say I agree with the ENTIRE article, and note that there is even more missing that points to the sad-ass state gaming is in. Not least of all being the younger crowds lack of any imagination whatsoever, requiring them to be spoon-fed the same ol' sh!t over and over again to make them happy and that fun = guns + boobies.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to think there'd be a videogame crash in the future, but not anymore. Video gaming is more popular then ever before. The way the consumers are investing, I don't think it's possible to ahve an absolute crash.

And also, considering how gaming is starting to suck ass, like you said, gamers these days just lap up the crap like it's chocolate. So if they aren't bored of all the crap right now, who says they'll ever get bored of it in the future?

I don't like games that have advertisements and billboards from big companies, but that is becoming more common. A lot of sports games that I've seen are just big advertisements for certain companies, even movies

I could see it happening. But I dont know when. Only true hardcore gamers dont buy bad games. I know a ton of my friends that buy shity games on a reguar basis, and even more that buy every year of the exact some sports game. I just dont understand it. It goes kind of with my theroy of movies, if you dont got see bad movies they will stop making them. If you dont buy bad games they will stop making them. Thats why I have only got a few games in my life with out playing them first. I dont know I am ranting. Ill end this right...... NOW.

Only true hardcore gamers dont buy bad games.

True gamers play all games, buy all games regardless of quality of the title. You never know when you get a jem that was claimed crap by critics and owns by your own standards.

Hardcore gamers = Those who do not discriminate.

And, Game Industry is due for a crash, with the cutting corners like crazy and rise of cost, why wouldn't there be one? Right now, in it's current height, it's an invincable beast mostly because it's dead horse beating for conservatives.

ppl who solely blame video games on the corruption of youth and children are idiots; if you think about it, they only do half the work while it's also the fault of the parent who refuses to put their foot down

Edited by Weirdy

Aw crap, son! Ryuken busting out with the Newtonian physics! :thumbsdown:

But as long as people keep buying crap, there won't be a crash. For some reason I don't expect these people to stop buying those games either. They're like flies attracted to crap. But this industry could use a major shake up like that.

Well, I don't know about you guys... but I rarely ever buy stuff without knowing what i'm buying.

That's the beautiful thing about the internet.

Reviews, and lots of them.

Surely everyone in this forum can find a reviewer they trust?

I personaly don't give a crap what IGN says about any RPGs, but if someone over at RPGfan tells me a game is crap, I'll seriously take what they are saying into consideration.

I also don't think, for the most part... People understand what quality is. One of my buddies... lets call him, "Typical" gamer... Bought a Xbox 360 on the release and is enjoying all his games. COD2, Tony Hawks American Wasteland and Perfect Dark... All rehashed garbage in my opinion, but he loves them.

Also, really... How much worse are games? Everything in that article is strictly based on opinion.

Where Atari 2600, Commodore 64, etc. games really that much more Sophisticated?

I agree with K that a Hardcore Gamer doesn't discriminate. I'll play nearly any game I can get my hands on, good, bad, or otherwise. There are many instances where I buy a game and wish I had bought a better one, but at least I can warn other people.

The latest bad game I bought was Cubivore. It's a rare game to find these days, and it looked cool two years ago. But it's so shallow and short that I can't reccomend the purchase. As if you'll find it anyway.