Police Intimidation

L.S.D

News to me...

Does this happen often?

Is Malaysia a police state?

Is it unsafe for foreigners to visit?

Let me state it clearly:

If you are not WHITE, beware!

THis happens so often that people are numb to it.

This time, it is good that the world manage to get to see what

really happens in Malaysia instead of the rosy picture our government

has been painting to attract investors :(:banghead:

I can tell you that in a few months time, if nothing has been done, people will forget about it. :banghead::angry::angry:

Compare to US's Abu Ghraib case, this is really really aggravating due to the police is looking for the whistleblower to prosecute him/her.

In my country, the whistleblower is prosecuted instead of the culprit.

Oh, where is the democracy?!?

Source

Malaysia is a vibrant multicultural society - just over half the population are Malays, a quarter are ethnic Chinese, just under a tenth are of Indian origin and there are many smaller groups.

But at the same time there is also a wide and ugly streak of racism and xenophobia running through it. When a government MP used the profoundly offensive racial epithet Keling to describe Malaysian Indians in parliament recently he was not even publicly reprimanded by his leader, let alone sacked.

Blaming everything on foreigners - whether they be Indonesian migrant workers or Western business people - is common. And stories of foreign workers being exploited or abused are common.

"It comes from some of our politicians," according to social activist Elizabeth Wong. "In the past those leaders have condoned these sorts of attitudes as the norm - naturally the rest of the population think it's OK. It'll take quite an effort to reverse the phenomenon."

Perhaps you'd better move to Australia.

That's really sad and pathetic. I'm sorry to hear that such is the way things are run in your country, L.S.D.

I guess now would be a good time to reveal that I fully support global anarchism, as all of the world's problems seem to stem from politics. :)