Adding games

Robert

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, I found the missing 269-m1d rom and confirmed that svcchaos and svchaosa are working. Then, sorted out the mess with kof2k4se various versions, and kept 2 of them. Then, fixed a mistake with kof2k4ex and it now works.

Currently battling with some obscure supposedly decrypted kof2003 variant.

While watching kof10th attract mode, I discovered that the neogeo/snk screen is corrupted. Since my new kf10thud uses exactly the same c roms without problems, the fault must lie either in the p1-program, or in the driver. This needs to be investigated.

That's actually a problem with the S data for those games. The S data that is called during the bios loading is used for the power bars (I think ^^).

Yes of course, I wasn't thinking straight, the "NEOGEO" comes from C and the rest from S. In kof10th there is no S rom, the data has to be pulled out of the P roms. I've been experimenting, and the power bars are definitely mixed up with the problem. On your forum I've left a request if you can help me. It will quickly let me know if this problem can be fixed.

Progress report:

Found lotr (Jonas Indiana & the Lost Temple of Ra), added, working (its a buggy beta).

Found a completely decrypted Pochi & Nyaa, working. After renaming the roms, it also works in NRX.

After some searching and shuffling, got kof2003b working.

Found the missing roms for kof10thu, it works.

Used tiger1020x's kof2k1rp driver, works well.

Got kof2k4ex and kof2k4mp working.

Decided it was too hard to fix kof10th, either the code needs lots of patches or the memory needs banking. This is beyond my capabilities.

kf2k2pls, runs but the flashing PLUS is corrupted. Help!

kf2k2sp (Super, not sure of the driver name), has encryption and I'm stumped. Help!

ct2k3sp runs, but the screen is obscured by lots of green and yellow things. The gfx are perfect but mostly are covered over by these things. Help again! Please!

Decided it was too hard to fix kof10th, either the code needs lots of patches or the memory needs banking. This is beyond my capabilities.

I'm working on that a little, maybe I'll get it ^^

kf2k2pls, runs but the flashing PLUS is corrupted. Help!

The text (s) rom is encrypted, I'll look for that code later.

kf2k2sp (Super, not sure of the driver name), has encryption and I'm stumped. Help!

Are you using these roms?

"265-p1sr.bin", 0x100000, CRC(ebedae17)?

"265-s1sr.bin", 0x020000, CRC(fecbb589)?

If so, this code should work for you:

DRIVER_INIT( kof2k2sr )
{
int i;
UINT8 *rom = memory_region( REGION_GFX1 );
int rom_size = memory_region_length( REGION_GFX1 );

for( i = 0; i < rom_size; i++ )
{
 rom[ i ] = BITSWAP8( rom[ i ], 7, 6, 0, 4, 3, 2, 1, 5 );
}

init_neogeo();
}

ct2k3sp runs, but the screen is obscured by lots of green and yellow things. The gfx are perfect but mostly are covered over by these things. Help again! Please!

That game requires some patches if I remember correctly, try using the ones from regular cthd2003

Edited by iq_132

Added the remaining homebrews (frogfest, npong10, poknight, columnsn, beast) and they all ran. Frogfest and Beast don't appear to do anything useful; Poknight and Npong10 worked but are boring; and Columnsn was the best of the lot, once I worked out the rules. Its only problem is when it's game over you can't see your score.

Are you using these roms?

"265-p1sr.bin", 0x100000, CRC(ebedae17)?

"265-s1sr.bin", 0x020000, CRC(fecbb589)?

If so, this code should work for you:

DRIVER_INIT( kof2k2sr )
{
int i;
int rom_size = memory_region_length( REGION_GFX1 );

for( i = 0; i < rom_size; i++ )
{
}

init_neogeo();
}

I should have said, the p1 rom was encrypted. I used "265-p1super", CRC (ab683690). I changed over to what you suggested, then realised almost all the roms were wrong. After fixing that, and using your driver_init, it worked like a charm.

That game requires some patches if I remember correctly, try using the ones from regular cthd2003

Still struggling with this, I'm sure it's something wrong in the "text", perhaps I've got the wrong roms again.

Now, something that might be handy in the future, I've created a crude "generic" sx_decrypter routine:

//-------------------------------------------common sx decrypter
static void sx_decrypt( int value )
{
int sx_size = memory_region_length( REGION_GFX1 );
int i;
if (value == 1)
{
 UINT8 *buf = malloc( sx_size );
 memcpy( buf, rom, sx_size );

for( i = 0; i < sx_size; i += 0x10 )
 {
	 memcpy( &rom[ i        ], &buf[ i + 0x08 ], 0x08 );
	 memcpy( &rom[ i + 0x08 ], &buf[ i        ], 0x08 );
 }
 free( buf );
}
if (value == 2)
{
 for( i = 0; i < sx_size; i++ )
 {
 }
}
}

Call it either by:

sx_decrypt(1) [used by samsh5bl, svcplus, kof2003b and kog], or

sx_decrypt(2) [used by svcsplus, kof2k2mp, kof2k2sr and kof10thu].

I hope to improve on it later.