Adding games

Robert

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also a little bummed out towards this subject because I have switched pc's twice before this one (if all goes well, I'll be on this baby for good!), I even backed up the source files that needed changing onto a cd, but then I copy them onto here and all that shows up is a bunch of lines of ASM when I open em (00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00................)

Edited by Weirdy

Thanks James, I've copied that whole post to a text file. (in case you want to delete it). I guess the kof2002 driver code isn't needed any more unless your code is better. -_-

The mslug5 driver has changed again, so let's hope attempt no.4 works better.

Mame plus has some interesting things too...hmmm

Starting compile...

More stupid mistakes on my part.

Starting compile no.5...

edit: subroutine "neo_pcm2_playmore_2002" was missing from the post.

I found it in another thread (hopefully a good one).

Starting compile no.6...

edit: YAY IT COMPILED !! Now to add more games.

Edited by robbbert

Now I need help.

1. mslug5 when it's about to display the neogeo snk at the start, the game reboots

2. pochi & nyaa, my romset is totally different, but i got it to work, there's just a little graphics error, a diagonal line would be jagged instead. What should I look for?

3. Some other games (such as kof2003) just show a black screen instead of the neogeo logo at the start.

4. KOF96EVO - if I call the romset kof96 it works. But call it kof96evo and a protection screen appears. I've added the romset name to machine\neogeo.c, where kof96 and kof96h are. Still no joy.

5. The only thing that works right now is kof10th.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Now I need help.

1. mslug5 when it's about to display the neogeo snk at the start, the game reboots

2. pochi & nyaa, my romset is totally different, but i got it to work, there's just a little graphics error, a diagonal line would be jagged instead. What should I look for?

3. Some other games (such as kof2003) just show a black screen instead of the neogeo logo at the start.

4. KOF96EVO - if I call the romset kof96 it works. But call it kof96evo and a protection screen appears. I've added the romset name to machine\neogeo.c, where kof96 and kof96h are. Still no joy.

3)needs decryption and bankswitching

4)are you sure? try deleting the "obj" folder and doing an clean compile

you might want to build a command line version and running games that don't work there because it outputs the error

Edited by Weirdy

Now I need help.

You should post crc/sizes for the roms you're talking about along with screenshots of the errors (mingw or mame).

Btw, don't know if you've done this, but you might want to check out my forum (plug :blink:)