Should i buy this?

Ryuken

I've always wanted an arcade stick but i 've never found one that i like and doesn't cost much. but i found this yesterday and kinda want to buy it.plus they have free shipping. so should i get this or not??

$18.99.......not a bad price. Can't say I know what quality level it carries.

It's for PS2, so I can't really say "Why don't you build your own?". If you were looking for a PC stick, I'd have to say build your own though. Some Jamma buttons/stick and an IPAC or JPAC, would be a lot cheaper than buying one of those extremely overpriced X-Arcade sticks.......which suck btw.

$18.99.......not a bad price. Can't say I know what quality level it carries.

It's for PS2, so I can't really say "Why don't you build your own?". If you were looking for a PC stick, I'd have to say build your own though. Some Jamma buttons/stick and an IPAC or JPAC, would be a lot cheaper than buying one of those extremely overpriced X-Arcade sticks.......which suck btw.

i kinda want to make my own, but i don't have an extra playstation controller laying around. and i 've never solder anything before. plus i can't find a joystick with a ball top.

go to gamestop or funcoland an get yourself universal real arcade stick made by pelican, cost is $40 and it works with ps2. gc, and xbox.

very easy to mod too so you can replace the buttons\switches and\or joystick with quality parts that you can get easily from ebay.

but even if you don't wanna uprgade too soon, the stock buttons/switches and joystick are nice as is so its well worth it and you can easily make it for pc use via ps2 adapter or solder in a usb cable in the xbox's solder points and you're in business :thumbsup1:

Ryuken personally can I advise against that stick. It was my first one I ever got and it blows.

The buttons are really hard to press. The sticks are WAY too short, and hardly responsive. QCFs are hard- Doing 2xHCBs for Akuma are impossible. Also the stick itslef doesnt ever feel secure, and its vaunted analogue stick toggle doesnt work. The start button is foolishly placed and if you leave your palm on the surface youre bound to hit it all the time.

If youve ever been to an arcade before, or as soon as you touch another stick anywhere youll regret buying this one.

Most importantly though the microswitches or watever cheap things this has burnt out after a month, and so no UL, L, DL directs for me. Playing Guile was more than a trifle irritating at this point.

Its a shame since it should have had fond memories as my first stick and all, but honestly it is crap.

I'd say get a Hori, a real arcade pro maybe- but theyre expensive, and I dont care for jap style sticks myself. Sorry I cant suggest an alternative. I use a modded SF stick atm but thats expensive too :/ If you see one for cheap instore anywhere but get it coz the stock parts werent anywhere near as bad as people say.

Edited by DragonKeeper