Since i'm stuck using aol

Well since i'm stuck using AOL (too long a story to relay), i was wondering if anyone knew how to dial into aol WITHOUT using the aol software or Aol Dialer. i.e using basic windows dial up.

there was a way to do this with netzero a long time ago (cause apparently netzero and windows both encrypt your password and username, and there's a way to get to them from a system file) but it doesn't work for aol.

anyone know how to do it?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you just use AOL to dial up and then use your own browser?

no, because the gay ass Gay O' Hell browser still takes up memory (around 25mbs) :blossom:

I think there's a way you can configure your 56k modem to dial random local access numbers when necessary

Edited by Weirdy

Can't you just use AOL to dial up and then use your own browser?

no, because the gay ass Gay O' Hell browser still takes up memory (around 25mbs) :blossom:

I think there's a way you can configure your 56k modem to dial random local access numbers when necessary

i don't care if it dials random access numbers or not, i just DON"T want to use the aol browser or dialer, i want to reach the encrypted password and username, put them in regular dial up networking, and dial in using one of the aol numbers i already use.

If AOL is really using their own, tailored Winsock, rather than Microsoft's, that's one more reason to hate AOL.

They're basically forcing users to use their services no matter what.

has anyone coded a custom version of the dialer then?

a aoldialerLITE ?

edit: well i was told before that there's a file on the system that logs all internet connections, both failed and attempted... i coudl probably figure something out if i find out what the file is.

anyone know it?

Edited by Elazul Yagami