hmmm.. avp2 anyone ?

Mag

I was planning to purchase Alien vs. Predator 2: Gold edition tomorrow.. Just like to know if you guys have played it. If ye do.. share yer experience, also.. what is the expansion pack(included with gold edition) ? is it a multiplayer or a new single player campaign ? and how is that compare to AvP2 ?

AvP2 is flocking awesome. I haven't played the expansion but it's a damn good game. The marine campaign is still one of the scariest gaming experiences ever.

If you can deal with outdated graphics then you won't regret this purchase.

AvP2 is flocking awesome. I haven't played the expansion but it's a damn good game. The marine campaign is still one of the scariest gaming experiences ever.

If you can deal with outdated graphics then you won't regret this purchase.

Agreed.

The Lithtech engine is surprisingly good, even with its age. The expansion is called Primal Hunt; I haven't played it, but critics hated it, saying that the original is umpteen times better. It's a totally new single player experience for all three races if I'm not mistaken. And yes, the Marine campaign is flocking scary. I still refuse to play this game at night.

Let me describe one of the scenes you will be facing.

You are at the heart of the alien nests and you must make your way out to the surface and back to the safety of your tank. Right at your heels are dozens of aliens snapping at your heels. Imagine you have to run in the dark with limiting energy to your torchlight. Imagine running with the sounds of the aliens coming after you from your back. The sound of them pouncing on you. The sound of them dieing as you shoot as you run.

i still have vivid memories of this scene. One of the best :P

Yep, I bought it from EB today.. 10 dollars brand new, the box was in good shape sealed. Anyway, I'll let you guys know how it is, lets hope this worth it.