Official: F.E.A.R thread

Mag

Give as much detail as possible from your experience after playing the demo...

Ok, I just got out of shower, and right hand still feels like it's still stiff and paralyze from what I just gone through. In all my life, there has never been a close FPS game with so much intensity, the closest was System Shock 2. FEAR took that beyond comprehension, well in my perspective.

I'm not gonna go through everything in the game, I'm just gonna point out a few things and tell you about my experience. It's impressive checking out the visual at first when I started the game. Just like to let you know, I play the game on Maximum Settings. It runs very smooth like silk, I lag a bit during the middle, and a few parts of the game then I lagged the most (around 10fps) right before the demo ends (where the soldier dropped from the roof) but I blame myself since I didn't tweak my PC (to maximize performance).

Anyway in the game.. it's just beatiful, I spent alot of time messing in the the environment with chops, stomp, and I also play with slow mo... during the begining, but after I went down to the underground section, I started to concerntrate when I heard that girl's voice hehe. And I knew, things will get ugly as I proceed.

Well the most ugly part was when I went down that latter, and I saw that girl... my heart pound so hard when I noticed. I just stopped half way and went back up to see if she is still there. Anyway.. the most ugliest part was when I proceed near the end, the environment changed into a hallway with bloody footprints.. leading to the only door. So as I go down.. it triggers the scene that shocked the hell out of me. I didn't scream but my head fell back a little, and I felt my right hand like it has been injected with numb. So I proceed to the end where my objective is, too bad the demo ended. But I would of turn it off anyway to relax before I go further.. but yeah I slowly pull myself together and took a shower, came back here and make this post :D

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First things first. Must you start a thread on everything you like?

And second. This game totally rocks and I'm sticking to it.

Edit: Use spoliarz for those who don't want to download the demo and want to get the full package. You just gave away some of the best well played frightening scenes.

Edited by K`dash

I ran the demo at 1024x768 at medium settings and it ran decent enough. The game looks very good but not insanely better than anything out right now. The effects were really awesome in this game though. The parallax mapped bullet impact is just pure awesome.

I thought the game was pretty fun but nothing too spectacular. Next time I play through I'm going to use more melee combat so maybe I'll enjoy it more. The slow mo is really fun especially with the shotgun. I was disappointed to hear that the guy going under the fallen bookshelf is scripted and not really AI driven. That said, the choke point fight was the best part of the demo because it was really frantic. The AI is definitely cool because each battle was a really worthy fight.

The scare tactics in the game are really cool but I forsee the same thing happening in this game as what happened in Doom 3. Unless they use different techniques throughout the game, I'll be pretty immune to the scary sounds and Japanese horror aspects.

All in all I was left with a very favorable impression of the game. I just with the weapons weren't so damn inaccurate in the none aim and zoom mode. I won't be buying it right when it comes out though. I'll wait till it drops in price.

Ok, I just got out of shower, and right hand still feels like it's still stiff and paralyze from what I just gone through

What you were doing in there? :(

No, seriously though. I'm gonna go download the demo now that F.E.A.R. is all over the site. It sounds good.

I run it with 800x600 with almost alll details to max.

F.E.A.R. rocks my socks off. The girls freaks me the flock out. Oh, and the opening video is one of the coolest ever. I like it how there's a double meaning to the game's line "Do you know the meaning of fear?"

I just finished playing through the level...

Just uninstalled...

I thought It was really well done.

Graphics were pretty nice, and I really loved the way the enemies moved.

Story is interesting enough. I'll be getting this when the full version is out. =)

I only had 2 real problems...

First... I had it set to x4 AA... But it did not look like that... Lots of jaggies.

Second... Did anyone find it annoying how many keys had to be assigned. =X

First... I had it set to x4 AA... But it did not look like that... Lots of jaggies.

1) Meh

2) Theres a reason you can reassign them. All you needed really was reload, moving, walk and slowmo.

1) Meh

Indeed. I couldn't care less about FSAA.

The control scheme to me is very well done, and while I don't have the same gripe as some others do, I found out that assigning certain actions to certain keys didn't actually work. I mean they binded just fine, but when you tried to use them, they didn't work. Maybe because I'm using the numeric keypad for most of the actions.... who knows.

@suvo: Just out of curiosity, what are your computer specs and video card?

The little girl freaks me out.