WWE SMACKDOWN vs. RAW 2006

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many god damn SD! games have you played?

Why do you ask Ian Le Creme?

Because if you don't know, which is obvious you don't. Is that SD! games provide alot of leeway when making a character.

back on topic the new game informer has some screens and a writeup of both smackdown vs raw 06 and wwe day of reconing for ngc. both look like winners. poor old bill box can't get a break in the wrestling game catagory :thumbsup1:

sol's sig is actually ripped sprites from Fire Pro Wrestling X for SNES. Everything else there is fan made.

As for the CAW mode. Fatal, you are wrong, SD!'s CAW mode has possibly been the 3d incarnation of Fire Pro's. And Fire Pro's CAW mode is so amazing and deep, you can poke a stick and make it go on fire at the same time without the use of anything.

No I am not wrong, the create a wreslters look like total crap compared to the regular wrestlers in the game. Have you nto played Def Jam FFNYC? Those created fighters look as if they could have been made for the game. They even talk and have there own pic on the VS screen that comes up before matches on loading times. I also hated how You could not Mirror a striking move or how you can't have a non tie up move as your finisher.

Yes you are wrong (mostly at least). The created characters do look a little worse, but that is because the in-game models of the real superstars are 'that damn good' (sorry).

Whereas all of Def Jam looks like complete balls. The CAWs do look as good as the regualr characters, they are both rank smelling. The CAWs on SvR are awesome - you can create almost anything or anyone with all those options. It's like saying Tekken 5 has better customisations - yes they look a lot better, but that's because Namco only had to include a handful of items. Def Jams create modes are just as limiting.

I still think a lot of the CAW attires could be better. Suits look like daft cartoons for example, and some of the textures could be a little more detailed. Still, my CAWs are still awesome - especially He-Man and Lion-O.

EDIT - yeah, get back on topic everyone. I can't wait for SvR2006 as it will be released around the same time as Raw and Smackdown come to the UK, hopefully I'll be going to both events.

Edited by hi_resurrection

about fire pro x...

how do you win a tieup? I keep gettting owned....

about fire pro x...

how do you win a tieup? I keep gettting owned....

The way to win in fire pro is to time your attacks. This isn't button mashing style, that will get you NO WHERE. NO WHERE I TELL YOU. You must do Weak Attacks/Grapples -> Medium Attacks/Grapples -> Strong Attacks/Grapples in that order to ware out your opponent. Yes it takes to learn because this game is VERY VERY deep in terms of gameplay and technicality. Yes you are bound to get owned. But it's by far the best wrestling system to date. If ever.

yay , a new wrestling game... its only like the 10th one to come out in this last year ! jk , but this looks like a great game , they really do need to add online which is good that they are doing it :thumbsup1:

Edited by suvo